Sox with "plenty of money" left in Jan 15 international pool

southsider2k5

On 1/13/2023 at 12:31 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Although MLB entered into a new collective bargaining agreement in 2022, the system from the previous CBA carried over for the 2022 and 2023 signing periods.

SO therefore :

Teams are not allowed to trade their pool space during this signing period, which opens on Jan. 15, 2022, and runs through Dec. 15, 2022.Jan 11, 2022.

Interesting. Where is this from? 

Jesse Sanchez reported otherwise: *Teams will be allowed to trade international bonus slots during this signing period starting Jan. 15.

Edited by Y2Jimmy0

22 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Interesting. Where is this from? 

Jesse Sanchez reported otherwise: *Teams will be allowed to trade international bonus slots during this signing period starting Jan. 15.

i'm getting mixed message i saw that jesse Sanchez quote too yesterday but Soxtak has been down so much I couldn't post it, so i guess they can trade pool money ?

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

International signing day turns out to be just as exciting as the trade deadline and Winter Meetings for White Sox fans.

All I saw was Uribe and i forget the other guy they signed for 700K. edit Nunez the pitcher .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

If you went with one heuristic to judge a bunch of 16 year olds playing baseball, probably their bloodlines would be tops. Despite that, I do get nervous paddy is graduating to a stage of just rewarding friends and former players kids that aren't at the echelon of bidding wars.

Feels like he runs things a lot like ken williams. Likes being hands on in the scouting, but maybe runs a smaller network because of it (like how we clearly don't even bother with Asia). He's a great talent scout so we end up with some huge hits, but smaller volume, and the lack of delegation is maybe why we are so often left with smaller classes?

Just some theories on why things look like this.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

If you went with one heuristic to judge a bunch of 16 year olds playing baseball, probably their bloodlines would be tops. Despite that, I do get nervous paddy is graduating to a stage of just rewarding friends and former players kids that aren't at the echelon of bidding wars.

Feels like he runs things a lot like ken williams. Likes being hands on in the scouting, but maybe runs a smaller network because of it (like how we clearly don't even bother with Asia). He's a great talent scout so we end up with some huge hits, but smaller volume, and the lack of delegation is maybe why we are so often left with smaller classes?

Just some theories on why things look like this.

The Wilder stuff is also still having the effect of the Sox not playing in the extremely young end of the market.

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Wilder stuff is also still having the effect of the Sox not playing in the extremely young end of the market.

I don't think that's WIlder anymore. I think sox have convinced themselves its a fools game. To some extent, houston has played that game too, but more effectively likely due to superior PD. They have found some gems in that 18+ intl market that fell thru the cracks.

• Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

I don't think that's WIlder anymore. I think sox have convinced themselves its a fools game. To some extent, houston has played that game too, but more effectively likely due to superior PD. They have found some gems in that 18+ intl market that fell thru the cracks.

Oh I am sure they have rationalized how it however they needed to, but that is the roots of it.