Sox with "plenty of money" left in Jan 15 international pool

southsider2k5

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Sox with "plenty of money" left in Jan 15 international pool
2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Are there a bunch of Cubans that will become available later?

There are multiple guys available or close to being available 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sounds like a fair amount right now.

Preview should publish tomorrow. I don’t know much. 6 names. Luis Reyes has to be $1 million plus. His profile is very interesting. Alvarez is $300K and Uribe is $200K. 

RHP Luis Danys Morales is signing for like $3.5 million with Oakland. Sox offered him $2.5 million and said they’d trade for more space too accommodate. So they have at least $2.5 million 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Preview should publish tomorrow. I don’t know much. 6 names. Luis Reyes has to be $1 million plus. His profile is very interesting. Alvarez is $300K and Uribe is $200K. 

RHP Luis Danys Morales is signing for like $3.5 million with Oakland. Sox offered him $2.5 million and said they’d trade for more space too accommodate. So they have at least $2.5 million 

I saw two different articles through google talking about group of 8 guys and a group of 5 being made eligible since the spring.  No idea if they are good, or who has agreed to deals though.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I saw two different articles through google talking about group of 8 guys and a group of 5 being made eligible since the spring.  No idea if they are good, or who has agreed to deals though.

Christian Saez and Raul Alvarez seem to be the most interesting. Francys Romero is a great follow 

36 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

RHP Luis Danys Morales is signing for like $3.5 million with Oakland. Sox offered him $2.5 million and said they’d trade for more space to accommodate. So they have at least $2.5 million 

What’s our pool this year?

Houston Astros have around 38 players in their organization with Cuban heritage. They have now overtaken the White Sox organization with most Cuban players. I can’t find the article, but wasn’t there around a dozen Cuban players eligible during the summer for this signing period. 

Edited by PolishPrince34
-

9 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I thought we were finally playing on a fair, level playing field, and we still struggle?

"fair" is still up for dispute.  One of the articles I just read  was  talking about how there were already deals for north of $3 million in the classes of 2025 and 26.