A name we haven't heard

Take this for what its worth-- a rumor, albeit a rumor from a person involved in major league baseball.  All along, the papers have reported that there is one stealth candidate.  Today I was told that Tom Kelly is in the mix.  Seems unlikely, but you never know.

Now that I would like.

I only have two beefs with TK. One, he hasn't been on an incredible amount of winning teams. I assume it is because Pohlad is a dick and wouldn't spend money, but he only had 6 years where he won 80 games as manager, and he had a stretch of 7 straight losing years. My second beef is that he sticks with guys too long. In 2001, he cost the Twins a shot at winning the division by keeping LaTroy Hawkins in as closer....he finally made the switch in September to Eddie Guardado when Cleveland had virtually already clinched.

I'd still take him over Manuel, and TK would be a hell of a move. I don't think it will happen though personally. I believe he has been an instructor at the Twins ST for the past 2 years, even after his retirement.

I fear we're all fantasizing here

That's what the off-season is for!!

Sox fans fantasizing about managers, sCrUB fans fantasizing about not choking in the playoffs, Spankee fans fantasizing about blowing up a team that went to the World Series....that's the Hot Stove, BABEEEEEE!!!!

Seriuosly?

He was the manager of the Twins throughout the 80s and until 2001.

He won two World series titles.

Haha, that would be very interesting if we could get him, what is his style of mananging??

He's not very good with the younger players. He can be too critical and will not play them if he doesn't feel comfortable with them. He did better in 2001 when he had a very young Twins team but I don't know if you can teach an old dog new tricks.

On the other hand the Sox aren't that young, depending on who they bring back and who they bring in. Kelly would be an interesting choice.