2023-24 NFL Season Thread

1, 8, 9 would be dreaming. Among other things, it may allow you to take a top 3 receiver, but at 11, 12, 13 are the Vikings, Broncos and Raiders. All would be prime trade up candidates to get QB3 or QB4.

Trade back, get additional picks, and get what is still possibly strong edge territory or beef up that oline with a JC latham.

BUT, I don't think it happens. I think pittsburgh is much more likely to give up a first than the falcons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Not gonna lie, the prospect I want the most is MHjr, he is a can't miss prospect while QBs are more of a wild card. We know JF is flawed, but I keep going back to his league leading passer rating to DJ Moore, in theory putting MHjr opposite Moore would create a ton of space for other recievers since you can't doubleteam both, right? And Harrison is the type of reciever that doesn't need to be "wide open" because of his size, jumping ability, hands and strength...great recievers make pedestrian QBs look elite, Brock Purdy didn't look so hot in the games Deebo Samuel missed this season for example...

Said it before but this kid is the Ken Griffey Junior of wide receivers. As can't miss as they come. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Said it before but this kid is the Ken Griffey Junior of wide receivers. As can't miss as they come. 

Yep, I mean he's got all the tools plus the pedigree, and he's really fast. You don't see WRs with all the tools this kid has that often, Moore and this kid have me salivating at the thought of it, and getting more draft picks on top of that too? Sorry to all the Williams fanboys but trading down and taking him seems a no brainer to me but that's just my opinion lol

1 hour ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Any chance Pitt would give up their first rounder for Fields? 

I think it’s entirely possible. But who knows how this QB market will shake up before the draft, there seems to be way more demand than available QBs, and Pittsburgh will be in a position where they can’t reasonably expect to draft a starter.

Bills just played “Don’t stop believing’.”

3 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Agreed. Although I think it is highly unlikely that the Bears take Maye. I just can't see them using another top 3 pick on a quarterback from North Carolina. 

I really hope they look beyond that. If the Bears believe Maye is the guy, then they need to draft him. Before this year, it was also said OSU didn’t produce QBs

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I really hope they look beyond that. If the Bears believe Maye is the guy, then they need to draft him. Before this year, it was also said OSU didn’t produce QBs

Yeah if the Bears believe for some reason Maye is the guy, don’t bother with trades, draft him. 

3 hours ago, bmags said:

1, 8, 9 would be dreaming. Among other things, it may allow you to take a top 3 receiver, but at 11, 12, 13 are the Vikings, Broncos and Raiders. All would be prime trade up candidates to get QB3 or QB4.

Trade back, get additional picks, and get what is still possibly strong edge territory or beef up that oline with a JC latham.

BUT, I don't think it happens. I think pittsburgh is much more likely to give up a first than the falcons. 

If Atlanta believes Williams/Maye/Daniels will all be off the board by their pick (which is likely), and their sights are on QB maybe it’s worth it to them to weigh the options. Especially if they know other teams may be interested in Fields later in the 1st round

Edited by Flash Tizzle

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nice seeing you in the Playoffs, Steelers.  Enjoy your offseason

Tomlin should bolt due to lack of appreciation.

Those three QBs don't belong anywhere near the postseason.

Meanwhile Bills seven consecutive wins now and will collide with Baltimore at some point...seems to be down to those two and KC.

26 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

If Atlanta believes Williams/Maye/Daniels will all be off the board by their pick (which is likely), and their sights are on QB maybe it’s worth it to them to weigh the options. Especially if they know other teams may be interested in Fields later in the 1st round

Daniels is so thin...have to worry about his durability just like with Young and Kyler Murray.

48 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yeah if the Bears believe for some reason Maye is the guy, don’t bother with trades, draft him. 

That's what makes me nervous and I just don't trust the Bears with, recent history does not make me feel good about them knowing how to accurately evaluate/develope a QB prospect. They moved up to take Trusbisky over Mahomes and Watson (different regime I know) and then obviously Poles and Co. didn't feel Stroud would be a big upgrade from Fields, hence they passed on him and traded down (got a nice return but let a franchise QB get away) and now we're supposed to trust them to make the right call, lol. That's why I would rather trade down and pick the best prospect available (MHjr), basically a can't miss pick...

35 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Still…it seems far fetched. Their GM passed on Fields once. Their coach is not yet hired. Pittsburgh I could see.

• Like 1

Bullish thing to watch is Dave Canales came from under Shane Waldron at Seattle. He’s certainly done a great job, much better line there. Both places have better receivers than bears now however.

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Tomlin should bolt due to lack of appreciation.

Those three QBs don't belong anywhere near the postseason.

Meanwhile Bills seven consecutive wins now and will collide with Baltimore at some point...seems to be down to those two and KC.

Yea Steelers have been in a free fall since Big Ben retired.  Wasting a good defense unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea Steelers have been in a free fall since Big Ben retired.  Wasting a good defense unfortunately 

Have no idea where they go next season...Fields would be yet another possibility.  Winston maybe.

Can't see how Pickett can possibly reassert himself after everything that's gone down this season.

Mason Rudolph is less of a long-term plan than probably every QB in the league but O'Connell, perhaps Howell and Ridder.  They have to get the ball to Pickens more often, somehow.

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Most Steeler fans would be more than happy to let Tomlin go. 

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Philly looks like they are still in the same sleepwalk that they finished the season with 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39309562/philadelphia-eagles-nick-sirianni-jalen-hurts-disconnect

Meanwhile, Baker Mayfield one of the better candidates for Comeback Player of the Year.

Two OU guys with completely opposite trajectories.

TB actually finished better than Brady's record last year and had to win every single game down the stretch like BUFF.