2023-24 NFL Season Thread

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Said it before, but if you have made the determination that you are upgrading at QB by selecting Williams, then trading a worse QB within your division shouldn't be a concern to the Bears

I donā€™t necessarily disagree, just highlighting that in division trades are usually tougher to pull off, but the Vikings did recently trade for Hockenson so it does obviously happen at times.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Trade Fields to the Vikings. Ā Who cares.Ā 

does not seem that the mcvay tree coaches are excited by him. Feel like chargers are more likely to trade for him.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Trade Fields to the Vikings. Ā Who cares? Ā When you play the Vikings, use a QB spy and heā€™s done.

The Vikings have seen him twice a year and they know he sucks.Ā  They're not trading for him.

Ā 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

To serve as a backup? Ā Iā€™d rather take a 3rd or lower round pick back if thatā€™s all heā€™s worth.

Keeping him around as the backup does not seem worth it for the potential team issues it could cause. I think you trade him for whatever you can get, which at this point is probably a fourth rounder to be a backup somewhere else.

38 minutes ago, Tony said:

Said it before, but if you have made the determination that you are upgrading at QB by selecting Williams, then trading a worse QB within your division shouldn't be a concern to the Bears

I figure it just means the Vikings add a bit of a premium - but I'm in the camp of - I don't love it - but I don't have an issue. I'll take max value for Field(s) wherever it comes from.Ā Ā 

Werenā€™t there a couple posters here that actually wanted to stick with Fields over drafting Caleb Williams? Ā I guess this goes to show the value of Fields to the rest of the league. Ā No one is jumping to make the guy their teamā€™s starting QB.

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Werenā€™t there a couple posters here that actually wanted to stick with Fields over drafting Caleb Williams? Ā I guess this goes to show the value of Fields to the rest of the league. Ā No one is jumping to make the guy their teamā€™s starting QB.

Not me and when you see people like Baker and Cousin(s) getting what they get - its just another reason why I wouldn't. I think you can win in the NFL paying HUGE money to a QB - but if you do it - they have to be a top 5 QB. Otherwise I think you are making a massive mistake.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Because he is better than any other QB on the roster.

He won't be once they draft Caleb Williams. Hell, he might not even be the best QB on the roster now. The gap between Fields and Bagent isn't much.Ā 

• Haha 1

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

He won't be once they draft Caleb Williams. Hell, he might not even be the best QB on the roster now. The gap between Fields and Bagent isn't much.Ā 

The gap between them is huge, and I am off the Fields train. Ā Bagents arm removes all competition between themĀ 

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Yet mediocre to bad QBs are getting paid.Ā  Either you get something worth it as compared to what a QB costs on the open market, or you keep him around as depth.