Reds at White Sox

Quin

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I would be very surprised if there ends up being a set closer unless Liam returns at some point.

The Royals basically didn't have a set closer last year, I'd imagine Grifol would be comfortable with a committee. 

Just now, chw42 said:

The Royals basically didn't have a set closer last year, I'd imagine Grifol would be comfortable with a committee. 

That makes the most sense anyways. I don't understand why people have spent so much time fixating on closer unless it's for fantasy baseball purposes.

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Seeing Grandal with his power back would be a huge step for the offense. 

Amazing what happens when you can workout to get ready for the season and not just doing rehab on your knee. Especially for a catcher. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Don't know if i trust preseason Game Day on this but the Reds pitcher Williamson had an immaculate inning 3 k's on 9 pitches and according to Game Day Remillard and Anderson struck out looking at 3 pitches each.

Gameday always looks like that for games with no Statcast. Every K is on 3 straight strikes, every BB is 4 balls, every ball in play is first pitch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That didn't look like a wall scraper either. He only had 1 homer vs. lefties last year, even though he was much better from the right side. 

You can tell he knew off the bat it was gone. I can't recall that happening too many times if at all last season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Gameday always looks like that for games with no Statcast. Every K is on 3 straight strikes, every BB is 4 balls, every ball in play is first pitch.

Not necessarily. When Fraley hit that HR off Graveman according to Game day it was the 9th pitch and he hit it on a 3-2 count so if he had walked or K'd on the 9th pitch  that wouldn't be a 3 or 4 pitch AB according to Game Day. But like I said  I know Game Day is not that reliable in ST.

Today its been sporadic sometimes listing each pitch but more recently and now all I'm getting is the result of the AB.

Pitching Change: Jose Ruiz replaces Reynaldo Lopez.
Defensive Sub
Defensive Substitution: Billy Hamilton replaces center fielder Romy Gonzalez, batting 9th, playing center field.

Defensive Substitution: Bryan Ramos replaces third baseman Zach Remillard, batting 8th, playing third base.

Defensive Substitution: Sebastian Rivero replaces catcher Yasmani Grandal, batting 5th, playing catcher.

Defensive Substitution: Jake Marisnick replaces left fielder Andrew Benintendi, batting 3rd, playing left field.

Defensive Substitution: Jake Burger replaces first baseman Andrew Vaughn, batting 2nd, playing first base.

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

You can tell he knew off the bat it was gone. I can't recall that happening too many times if at all last season.

lmao I remember him doing bat drops for 350 foot fly balls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

He sucks.   I had no faith in him in high leverage situations last season.    Glad Hahn is the hook for two more seasons at $8 million each. 

Graveman was really good in April and May last year. Then it feels like they overused him in that 7 game win streak and he was never really the same after. He was like a 5 ERA reliever after June last year IIRC. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Graveman was really good in April and May last year. Then it feels like they overused him in that 7 game win streak and he was never really the same after. He was like a 5 ERA reliever after June last year IIRC. 

Sub 1 ERA in June last year, too. He wasn't as productive in the 2nd half largely due to a brutal September. I didn't like signing at all when it happened, but realistically he's fine as a 2nd or 3rd tier reliever.

• Like 1