Reds at White Sox

Quin

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Sub 1 ERA in June last year, too. He wasn't as productive in the 2nd half largely due to a brutal September. I didn't like signing at all when it happened, but realistically he's fine as a 2nd or 3rd tier reliever.

Well now he is at the very least your 2nd best reliever. We really need Joe Kelly to not suck this year. That would help alleviate the bullpen situation quite a bit. Also Diekman not being terrible would also be nice. Bummer not even throwing in ST yet seems like a huge red flag. We really need all the bullpen arms who either sucked or didn't pitch much last year to step up. 

26 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:
Pitching Change: Jose Ruiz replaces Reynaldo Lopez.
Defensive Sub
Defensive Substitution: Billy Hamilton replaces center fielder Romy Gonzalez, batting 9th, playing center field.

Defensive Substitution: Bryan Ramos replaces third baseman Zach Remillard, batting 8th, playing third base.

Defensive Substitution: Sebastian Rivero replaces catcher Yasmani Grandal, batting 5th, playing catcher.

Defensive Substitution: Jake Marisnick replaces left fielder Andrew Benintendi, batting 3rd, playing left field.

Defensive Substitution: Jake Burger replaces first baseman Andrew Vaughn, batting 2nd, playing first base.

Defensive replacements are correct, but not where they are in the batting order.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Reds aren't going to be very good this season but will be quite aggressive on the basepaths.

Really need a healthy and productive season from Nick Senzel and continued progression from Hunter Greene.

People still believe in Senzel?   I'll take Burger

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Reds aren't going to be very good this season but will be quite aggressive on the basepaths.

Really need a healthy and productive season from Nick Senzel and continued progression from Hunter Greene.

That core of position players is brutal but Greene, Lodolo & Aschcraft is a pretty fun trio of young arms

23 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Well now he is at the very least your 2nd best reliever. We really need Joe Kelly to not suck this year. That would help alleviate the bullpen situation quite a bit. Also Diekman not being terrible would also be nice. Bummer not even throwing in ST yet seems like a huge red flag. We really need all the bullpen arms who either sucked or didn't pitch much last year to step up. 

Lopez and Graveman really have to come through in the back of the pen...it's as simple as that.

3 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

If Yaz does something positive but it's not in a televised game, did it really happen? Soxtalk was in mid-season form watching him make weak contact in the few televised AB's we've seen for him.

If Yas goes back to most of his career form - the Sox chances of being a playoff team skyrocket (in my mind). 

• Like 2

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

If Yas goes back to most of his career form - the Sox chances of being a playoff team skyrocket (in my mind). 

Still need a lot to go right and that's one of them.

They brought in a lot of arms so it should be a dogfight for some relief spots. But seems like they also got some arms that they can stash in Charlotte so if some go bad in season they might actually have some guys to replace them.

Of course it's early but I like how the arms look so far.