STGT 3/9: Colombia @ SOX, 2:05 PM CT, no TV

38 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I like how the MLB app and Game Day have Colombia as Colorado Rockies

It is a little known fact that the only ballpark where the ball carries farther than Colorado is Cartagena stadium.

43 minutes ago, wegner said:

It is a little known fact that the only ballpark where the ball carries farther than Colorado is Cartagena stadium.

Caliente!   I think you mean Santa Marta or Barranquilla... 

Edited by caulfield12

46 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Maybe Marco Paddy should start looking at the Dominican Republic for player's instead of Cuba.  How can Cuba lose to Italy and the Netherlands?

Cuba doesn't have a lot of star power right now and the Netherlands has a good amount of Latin talent from its constituent countries.

Losing to the Italian Americans Featuring Some Italians, however, is embarassing.

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Definitely the most-misspelled country name in the English language.  Seems like it's spelled correctly like 20% of the time.

It's not English for one. 

• TLR 1

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

Cuba doesn't have a lot of star power right now and the Netherlands has a good amount of Latin talent from its constituent countries.

Losing to the Italian Americans Featuring Some Italians, however, is embarassing.

Bogaerts and Profar, for example.  Could have used Andruw Jones or his son by birthright haha. 

Don't shortchange Vinnie Italian Stallion Pasquantino! 

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, wegner said:

This guy out here dropping colombia locals. 

Colombia has some solid players. No quintana this time, bum. Rooting for colombia after the US.

Medellin is an amazing place! Big time recommend. Guatape is great too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This guy out here dropping colombia locals. 

Colombia has some solid players. No quintana this time, bum. Rooting for colombia after the US.

Medellin is an amazing place! Big time recommend. Guatape is great too. 

Best weather/health care/education systems.

I lived in Armenia for one year...between Medellin and Cali.   Met the Renteria Brothers once, was going to cooperate on setting up some baseball camps on the north coast.

For about 90-95% of the year, never needed air conditioning or a heater.   Great/affordable steaks.  You could go horseback riding for $15-20 all afternoon long.

Salento, just north of Armenia, is the "touristic village" the animated movie ENCANTO is based upon.

Would think about living in Bucamaranga or Medellin (much bigger) if I was to get a 4+ month wintertime retirement/condo thing going.

Great heart hospitals, plastic surgery abounds as well...for those so inclined.

54 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Best weather/health care/education systems.

I lived in Armenia for one year...between Medellin and Cali.   Met the Renteria Brothers once, was going to cooperate on setting up some baseball camps on the north coast.

For about 90-95% of the year, never needed air conditioning or a heater.   Great/affordable steaks.  You could go horseback riding for $15-20 all afternoon long.

Salento, just north of Armenia, is the "touristic village" the animated movie ENCANTO is based upon.

Would think about living in Bucamaranga or Medellin (much bigger) if I was to get a 4+ month wintertime retirement/condo thing going.

Great heart hospitals, plastic surgery abounds as well...for those so inclined.

Beef and food in general is crazy cheap