4/12 - Sox @ Twins: Let’s Win the Series

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, ChiSoxTrojan said:

If that happened I missed it. According to MLB gameday he came in in the 10th as a pinch hitter. https://www.mlb.com/gameday/white-sox-vs-twins/2023/04/11/718616/final/summary/all

Regardless, I would agree with the Sox staff that Alberto has to be a better defender than Burger (despite the last couple days), but that's a low bar. It's like the Eloy vs. Vaughn/Sheets debates in the OF. A 5th percentile defender (if that) vs. a 25th percentile defender.

Its wrong.  I was at the game sitting right down the 3B line.  Alberto was 100% in there for bottom of the 9th. 

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

39 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

No, he only had 2 chances though.

Doesn't change the fact he posted -5 DRS is 37 games there in 2022, though.  I remain far from convinced Alberto is any better, however. 

Correct.  So if cement feet Sheets is good enough to play RF because of his bad, than Burger 100% should play over Alberto at 3B under the same concept. 

Horrible lineup if you are trying to win the series!

Why is Sheets in right? He sucks there. Plus he has been hitting for zero power with zero home runs or extra base hits.

Yes Burger is not that great at third, but Hanser Alberto sucks too. He has already made two costly errors. 

Why not Colas or Burger at DH? Why Grandal?

I have serious questions to if Pedro knows how to put the best lineup together, or if he is even will be a good major league manager.

This is all the fault of the players on this team who can't stay healthy like Eloy and Moncada who force this ridiculous weaker lineup.

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am starting to get concerned about Pedro and Alberto. Hanser has shown no signs he is a major league quality defensive 3B. The options are certainly thin defensively without Moncada available, but have the last two days not been enough Hanser at 3B? Yikes. 

Alberto is the new Leury.

10 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

How does sheets get on top of the high fastball and beat into the ground and pop up the ball below his knees? 

Simple! He is not a good hitter and is completely overrated. Due to the fact is a former wasted second round pick, Sheets will be extended a longer leash before the Sox would ever consider letting him go, especially from our inept front office who drafted him and would once again have to admit their failures in drafting and developing the prospects they evaluate as good and then and draft and not develop.

Btw, we bitched about our loser hitting coach Menechino last year. Where in the hell is our new guy Castro on working with Sheets and improving his batting approach?

• Quin pinned this topic
10 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Simple! He is not a good hitter and is completely overrated. Due to the fact is a former wasted second round pick, Sheets will be extended a longer leash before the Sox would ever consider letting him go, especially from our inept front office who drafted him and would once again have to admit their failures in drafting and developing the prospects they evaluate as good and then and draft and not develop.

Btw, we bitched about our loser hitting coach Menechino last year. Where in the hell is our new guy Castro on working with Sheets and improving his batting approach?

They draft only the best DH's.

• Thanks 1