The Chris Getz Era

Harold's Leg Lift

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Bring it on!

Looked up Jeremy Haber at wikipedia and he's distinguished himself so thoroughly he doesn't have an entry, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd7-nItfKeo

He reminds me of Rabbit so I don't think I'll be joining "Team Haber" anytime soon...it would be nice to have SOMEONE who actually knows how to play major league baseball (albeit not at the highest level) involved in decision-making (I know, I know...what about the Rays' front office and Theo Epstein?, etc.)

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

Same as the Rick Hahn era.

which was the same as the Kenny era.

nothing is changing until there's new ownership.

After living through the Hahn era, I long for the Kenny era.  At least the offseasons and the trade deadlines were always interesting.  And they did win a World Series.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man
  • Like 3

As long as JR owns the team we must live with his choices. Its a take it or leave it. 

Getz would probably be next up. 

Maybe not all bad.  A midwestern guy. A former major leaguer. Familiar with the organization on multiple levels. He has been groomed.

Remember its not our choice its JR's. Who would he chose that would be better?

5 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

As long as JR owns the team we must live with his choices. Its a take it or leave it. 

Getz would probably be next up. 

Maybe not all bad.  A midwestern guy. A former major leaguer. Familiar with the organization on multiple levels. He has been groomed.

Remember its not our choice its JR's. Who would he chose that would be better?

Have already provided numerous lists of talent.  Doesn't matter.

Choose ANYONE from the Rays, Brewers, Guardians, Twins, Dodgers, Braves, Cardinals....heck, even the A's.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He's not a Harvard asshole who thinks he has all the answers so he has that going for him.

Who runs the best franchises in baseball, the Dodgers and Rays? Rick Hahn's college degrees are the least of our problems. It's his ability as a baseball executive.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Who runs the best franchises in baseball, the Dodgers and Rays? Rich Hahn's college degrees are the least of our problems. It's his ability as a baseball executive.

Imagine looking at the teams in the LDS/LCS/World Series every year and thinking too many ivy leaguers is the issue. Some people insist on fighting a battle that's already lost.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Who runs the best franchises in baseball, the Dodgers and Rays? Rick Hahn's college degrees are the least of our problems. It's his ability as a baseball executive.

If winning a championship is the true litmus test then Rays have ZERO championships and the Dodgers have the same as the white Sox (ONE) since 1988.

3 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

If winning a championship is the true litmus test then Rays have ZERO championships and the Dodgers have the same as the white Sox (ONE) since 1988.

I dunno man, only one team can raise a banner every year. Winning a pissload of games and denying your rivals the post season seems pretty fun too. Kicking on the twins and tribe never gets old.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

Making the 87/93 Marlins the most successful, 87/91 Twins...Giants, Red Sox, Cardinals, Astros, etc. 

Of course it was the Yankees until the 2000s. 

Obviously Braves/Dodgers/Rays are difficult to argue against over the last decade... along with Astros (albeit cheating.) 

• Like 1