The Chris Getz Era

Harold's Leg Lift

22 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

The Kenny era and Hahn era were nothing alike.

Here's just one metric:

Kenny Williams "winning" seasons 2001-2012: 8 / 2 playoff appearances / 1 World Championship

Rick Hahn "winning" seasons: 2013-2022: 2 / 2 playoff appearances / two first round losses 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Here's just one metric:

Kenny Williams "winning" seasons 2001-2012: 8 / 2 playoff appearances / 1 World Championship

Rick Hahn "winning" seasons: 2013-2022: 2 / 2 playoff appearances / two first round losses 

Kenny's best team got hot in October and Rick's didn't. I'll always cherish that 2005 season just like everyone else on here, but he was no better as an exec than Rick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Kenny's best team got hot in October and Rick's didn't. I'll always cherish that 2005 season just like everyone else on here, but he was no better as an exec than Rick.

Much better with FA's. 

Much better with scrap heap career resurrections like Marte DeAza Thornton Jenks Santos. 

Fielded competitive teams consistently... and over a much longer time period. 

Hahn has zero successful achievements to compare. 

Every team with a Top 5 MiLB system has eventually made the playoffs at least once in the modern era. 

And 2020 team wouldn't have made it if played out over a longer season with more play outside the Central Division. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

After living through the Hahn era, I long for the Kenny era.  At least the offseasons and the trade deadlines were always interesting.  And they did win a World Series.

I want the Larry Himes era. Consistent sustained top drafted players, quality player development, smart trades. Larry built the only consistently great Sox teams over the past half century.

Of course Jerry pulled the plug on Larry Himes because he didn't kiss enough Reinsdorf ass, and then Reinsdorf pulled the plug on any hope of a White Sox World Series by destroying the 1994 season to "break the union" followed a few years later with the White Flag Trade.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Minnie Minoso and Moose Skowron too? 

Dude stop.

This is a joke of an organization run by several POS loser douchebags. So they've had a small handful of outstanding players few and far between in their long history. That doesn't meaningfully change what he said. It's still a loser franchise. They are one lucky year away from being the Detroit Lions. 

They gather all these high end prospects and can't even win one fucking playoff series in their "title window" and now we can't even win a regular season series.

The cheapskate old man, KW and the silver tongued Harvard Law grad BS artist could ruin a wet dream....and probably with ease.

BTW your Madres are below .500 too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

51 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I want the Larry Himes era. Consistent sustained top drafted players, quality player development, smart trades. Larry built the only consistently great Sox teams over the past half century.

Of course Jerry pulled the plug on Larry Himes because he didn't kiss enough Reinsdorf ass, and then Reinsdorf pulled the plug on any hope of a White Sox World Series by destroying the 1994 season to "break the union" followed a few years later with the White Flag Trade.

The Ron Schueler era would be just fine at this point.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Dude stop.

This is a joke of an organization run by several POS loser douchebags. So they've had a small handful of outstanding players few and far between in their long history. That doesn't meaningfully change what he said. It's still a loser franchise. They are one lucky year away from being the Detroit Lions. 

They gather all these high end prospects and can't even win one fucking playoff series in their "title window" and now we can't even win a regular season series.

The cheapskate old man, KW and the silver tongued Harvard Law grad BS artist could ruin a wet dream....and probably with ease.

BTW your Madres are below .500 too. 

No Tatis yet lol...tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Bring it on!

He’s earned it for overseeing the 28th ranked farm system in baseball! This org is such a joke. Nothing changes until Jerry sells or dies unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

The sad thing about the Sox promoting someone within for the GM gig would be that the gig would be highly coveted since it’s Chicago. People would line up for it. 

I disagree. Ken Williams isn’t going anywhere. If he’s employed at the top, you aren’t getting any good candidates regardless. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He’s earned it for overseeing the 28th ranked farm system in baseball! This org is such a joke. Nothing changes until Jerry sells or dies unfortunately. 

Are you really blaming him for all those years of awful Hostetler/Haber drafts?  He's bad at his job because he couldn't turn years of chicken s%*# $10,000 money savers so they could overpay bad college corners into chicken salad?  That's certainly a take.  

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I disagree. Ken Williams isn’t going anywhere. If he’s employed at the top, you aren’t getting any good candidates regardless. 

He said he’s leaving the team after his current contract is over. I’m taking him at his word. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Are you really blaming him for all those years of awful Hostetler/Haber drafts?  He's bad at his job because he couldn't turn years of chicken s%*# $10,000 money savers so they could overpay bad college corners into chicken salad?  That's certainly a take.  

I agree with this. Those Hostetler drafts really set the team back, I can’t say that enough. 

2015: Carson Fulmer

2016: Zack Collins/Zack Burdi

2017: Jake Burger

2018: Nick Madrigal

2019: Andrew Vaughn

Vaughn is the only regular player of that group but I still had reservations about that pick. I’d like to see more power but he’s panning out so far considering his mismanagement.

The rebuild failed with that run of horrible draft picks. 

11 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I disagree with this

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

I agree with this. Those Hostetler drafts really set the team back, I can’t say that enough. 

Vaughn is the only regular player of that group but I still had reservations about that pick. I’d like to see more power but he’s panning out so far considering his mismanagement.

They scouted Fulmer constantly and totally missed on his Vandy teammate Buehler... 

9 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

The drafting in its entirety has been pretty bad, however, I feel like if you were to say "You will make 6 first round picks over the next 5 years and 3 of those will be producing in the MLB" everyone would take that in a heartbeat.

6 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

The top of the draft was horrible but  what is also killing them now was the reluctance to draft HS players in the later rounds.  Those players would be in the high minors right now providing depth but instead they had to take a bunch of college seniors who can't play dead because they had to overpay those awful top selections.  That was the draft strategy of the three ring circus of Hahn/Haber/Hostetler and trying to blame the current awful system on Getz is beyond ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

white sox tainted people who i'd rank for taking over baseball operations:

1. Jim Thome

2. Shirley

3. Getz

4. KW

Shirley hasn't had quite enough time but at least he's a legit outsider and thus much more likely to be honest/objective.

Edited by caulfield12