2024 - MLB Draft Thread

DirtySox

I was at the ECU game against wichita state last Friday. Trey Yesavage struck out 15 in the first 6 innings. It was as dominating a performance as I had ever seen. Coach was dumb and pitched him in the 7th after 106 pitches already and he let up 2 runs. But those first 6 innings were just unbelieavable. He is flying up draft rankings.

1.92 ERA, 61 innings, 33 hits, 101Ks and .852 whip, 15ks per 9 innings. To put that into context Strasburg struck out 16 per 9 innings. K'd 101 of 236 batters faced

Anybody else here familiar with Mike Bolton Jr. of Purdue?  Kid is FAST... has led the Big Ten in stolen bases the past two years, and holds the school record for SB.  A solid hitter and solid outfielder.

He's a Chicago kid; played at Brother Rice, and was part of the White Sox ACE program.

Maybe 10th round or so.

On 4/28/2024 at 8:51 AM, Donaldo said:

Anybody else here familiar with Mike Bolton Jr. of Purdue?  Kid is FAST... has led the Big Ten in stolen bases the past two years, and holds the school record for SB.  A solid hitter and solid outfielder.

He's a Chicago kid; played at Brother Rice, and was part of the White Sox ACE program.

Maybe 10th round or so.

No, but I am, on the other hand, quite familiar with Michael Bolton, the hair-challenged 1980's power pop ballads singer.

On 4/23/2024 at 8:04 AM, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

No smith?

Im a bit spooked at the moment with guys who've had the TJ already and it seems like he had his early in his high school career. 

Pipeline mock.

Yea I don't think so Mr. Mayo.

5. White Sox: Nick Kurtz, 1B, Wake Forest (No. 4)
Kurtz has shaken off a slow start to the 2024 season and seems to homer in just about every game. He’s now up 18 long balls to go along with a .305/.524/.805 line. He has a 1.409 OPS in ACC play.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-pipeline-2024-mock-draft-may-2?t=mlb-draft-coverage

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Sloan? A possibility for the Sox in the second round? I live right next to York HS and there were a ridiculous number of scouts with radar guns at the last home game he pitched.

Harold alluded to him being a target. Wonder if he even makes it there though. 

47 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Harold alluded to him being a target. Wonder if he even makes it there though. 

MLB.com latest mock draft didn’t have him going in the first round but then they have him ranked at the #18 draft prospect so I don’t know. Seems like he’s a late first or early second round kind of guy depending on how teams want to manipulate slot values.