5/27/23 - Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers - 12:10 PM CDT NBCSCH, MLBN (Out of Market) & WMVP 1000 AM

So much bad about this loss. Four hits is disgusting. The no name pitcher we trotted out there stunk. Kelly's line is hilariously bad. He had seemed to be doing better.

Getting boatraced by the Tigers, not hitting HRs on the road is a good reminder this team still blows. Overall if you look at the names of the guys who played and pitched today ... that's a lot of bad baseball players and pitchers. When our 'name' players don't hit (TA 0-4, Moncada 1-4) that's a recipe for a 7-3 loss to a bad team.

p.s. Capt. obvious statement: Grandal has been lousy since he joined the Sox. I am not a fan.

Today's performance by team in a big game: Solid F. Disgraceful

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

A sobering thought, since after the 2021 All Star game the Sox are basically a .500 club except they threw that 10 game losing streak into the equation. So for this team getting back to .500 and beyond just might be something that you don’t want to call your bookie about unless he gives you overwhelming odds and you have some mad money to blow. Am I giving up? Not yet, I’ve been following baseball for 7 decades and I’ve seen a lot of crazy things so anything can happen especially with 4 months to go.

That 10-game losing streak is/was so "White Sox." Thanks guys for basically ending the season before it got started. Now we have to endure the bitterly cold winter before Sox try to stay in the race for more than a month again.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

37 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That 10-game losing streak is/was so "White Sox." Thanks guys for basically ending the season before it got started. Now we have to endure the bitterly cold winter before Sox try to stay in the race for more than a month again.

Lawrence or Chicago snow/winds? 

18 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

don't let this team drag you along for the rest of the season fooling you into thinking they're something that they're not 

We are White Sox fans. That's what we do.

18 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

No need to troll Billy Hamilton. Your worthless Padres lost again.

Well you did say hit .650. I'm sure you meant OPS but Caulfield answered it like you meant batting average because you phrased it like  batting average.

If rosters were expanded to 27 Billy Hamilton might have a place on a few MLB teams.

26 man rosters no one wanted him. He seems to be a great guy in the club house,very fast, great base runner, very solid defender.

Probably in the future the Sox will employ him. But it's not really trolling to suggest Billy Hamilton will hit. 065 when he's hitting .045 for his only 22 AB in the majors covering 2022 and 2023.

Love him all you want to but he has no place on a quality team nor a rebuilding team except as a coach. The fact that he's employed as a player on the Sox pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the Sox lack of depth.