5/27/23 - Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers - 12:10 PM CDT NBCSCH, MLBN (Out of Market) & WMVP 1000 AM

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He was closed to leading the league on appearances 2-3 weeks ago before Middleton and Santos arrived... 

22 games, 20 innings, whip of 1.6 before today's outing.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

It seems every time the Sox have a big offensive game, the next game they hardly hit.

Many times they are facing a decent RH Starter after pounding a LH Starter, like the last two games.

Come on Soxtalk, I need someone to pick me up and bring home a win tomorrow with Cease on the mound and a winning Game Thread. Let's do this!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I see that Lambert is the sacrificial lamb in the bullpen this year.

No disrespect to Lambert, as just making MLB is an incredible achievement, but his career is likely to be bouncing back and forth from AAA. Every MLB appearance is a blessing. 

• Hawk 1

A sobering thought, since after the 2021 All Star game the Sox are basically a .500 club except they threw that 10 game losing streak into the equation. So for this team getting back to .500 and beyond just might be something that you don’t want to call your bookie about unless he gives you overwhelming odds and you have some mad money to blow. Am I giving up? Not yet, I’ve been following baseball for 7 decades and I’ve seen a lot of crazy things so anything can happen especially with 4 months to go.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

A sobering thought, since after the 2021 All Star game the Sox are basically a .500 club except they threw that 10 game losing streak into the equation. So for this team getting back to .500 and beyond just might be something that you don’t want to call your bookie about unless he gives you overwhelming odds and you have some mad money to blow.

Slow and steady. They will reach .500 on the last game of the regular season and win the Central. 😎

2 hours ago, Pale Sox said:

No disrespect to Lambert, as just making MLB is an incredible achievement, but his career is likely to be bouncing back and forth from AAA. Every MLB appearance is a blessing. 

Until he comes back as the next Jimmy Cordero somewhere else... 

3 hours ago, baseballgalaly said:

This team is going to get absolutely steamrolled once they get out of the ALC portion of their schedule. 

I expect June and July to look a lot like April did. 

You are probably correct. 

By the way, 6th game this year the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later.....and lost the game.

Now back to 10 under and six back of first.

Edited by Lip Man 1