5/27/23 - Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers - 12:10 PM CDT NBCSCH, MLBN (Out of Market) & WMVP 1000 AM

White Sox Starter is Jesse Scholtens, who has pitched well but has an 0-2 record. Jessie has a 2.25 ERA and 1.250 WHIP in three appearances over 8 innings in this his rookie White Sox season. Jesse gave the Sox 5 innings of 1 run ball in Cleveland, but took the loss as the White Sox were shut out.

The Tigers counter with 2023 acquisition Michael Lorenzen, with a 2-2 record and 4.08 ERA over 7 starts. He has 31 strikeouts over 39 2/3 innings, but has only allowed 11 walks to keep his WHIP at 1.210. Michael faced the White Sox over 3 starts and 3 relief appearances, and has a 1-0 record despite a 1.657 WHIP.

• Thanks 1

• Quin pinned this topic
CWS Batters AVG HR RBI SB
.264 0 9 6
.275 0 13 5
3Moncada3B
.284 2 12 1
4Vaughn1B
.237 6 34 0
.277 4 15 0
6BurgerDH
.259 10 24 1
7SheetsRF
.248 7 18 0
8FrazierCF
.333 0 0 2
.189 0 8 2
DET Batters AVG HR RBI SB
.274 3 8 7
.295 5 18 5
.238 4 22 1
4HaaseC
.248 2 12 2
.163 5 17 0
6BaddooLF
.259 2 12 4
.222 0 2 0
.171 1 6 0
9ShortSS
.296 2 6 0

39 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Bottom 3 of Sox lineup definitely not ideal...especially Frazier in CF and Sheets in RF. 

Yes, would prefer Sheets at DH, let Burger get a day off on the road to regroup, and have Haseley in CF, Frazier in RF to help out Scholtens.

That said, the Tigers lineup is brutal. Sox need to scratch out 3-4 runs against Lorenzen. Be patient and work counts to get to their bullpen.

Win today to celebrate Yoan’s and Frank’s Birthdays!!

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Bottom 3 of Sox lineup definitely not ideal...especially Frazier in CF and Sheets in RF. 

For defense, yes but offensively its pretty good. Got a guy who can hit for power, a guy who can take walks/steal bases, and a guy who has been playing pretty well

• Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Only a four win drop off at this stage from last year. Somehow feel more optimistic about the White Sox' 2023 chances.

I was just as negative or more so last year. I felt the season was over in May. I was influenced by how dead they looked the second half of 2021 and how lifeless they were even in victories. This year, at least, a few players seem to be on the upswing. If TA can turn things around and get back to his normal self, this could be a fun version of a kinda mediocre team.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Why is Robert out?

Grifol said it is a "rest" day. I'm so tired of that nonsense. These are athletes in top condition (or supposedly so) next week they have two off days just FYI.

9 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Grifol said it is a "rest" day. I'm so tired of that nonsense. These are athletes in top condition (or supposedly so) next week they have two off days just FYI.

I think it's pretty safe to say Robert is in top condition.  I'm with you in I really don't understand all these rest days especially considering this is your star and you need to win. But early start after a night game seems to me he's banged up and they don't want to take a chance or talk about it.