6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not super confident with Reylo

He hasn't given up an earned run since May 13th. His WHIP in the last month is just over 1.

It's wild to me how some players get the full recency bias "what have you done for me lately" treatment, and others have to spend an apparent eternity to shed the weight of fanbase narratives.

• Like 1

Just now, Autumn Dreamin said:

He hasn't given up an earned run since May 13th. His WHIP in the last month is just over 1.

It's wild to me how some players get the full recency bias "what have you done for me lately" treatment, and others have to spend an apparent eternity to shed the weight of fanbase narratives.

The pitch clock is definitely in his head. I think that's contributed to a ton of his struggles. But his strikeout rate and stuff are still elite. The walks will come down and every mistake he's made getting punished to this degree is not sustainable over a full season.

2 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

With Reyno, it's the 4 walks in his last five appearances. 

Looks like they're going to Graveman over Hendriks. 

Interesting. 

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The pitch clock is definitely in his head. I think that's contributed to a ton of his struggles. But his strikeout rate and stuff are still elite. The walks will come down and every mistake he's made getting punished to this degree is not sustainable over a full season.

There always seemed to be a hang up with him.  Seemed the pitch clock was it earlier.  That was a big inning for him. 

Edited by Harry Chappas

4 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Hey mods/forum vets, this is unchartered territory for me.

If the Sox hold on and win should I make a new thread? Or can I just edit title and we can continue using this one?

Haha.  First time in ages that thread title etiquette was actually important. 

53 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

God this team is stupid....literally just f'ing stand there. 

Grifol might need to give some take signs to our undisciplined hitters.

50 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

I'm shocked Tim rolled weakly to the left side with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs.  Yeesh 

Does it every time.

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic