Remillard promoted; Moncada hurt?

soxfan49

35 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Pretty sure Remillard is just a f*** it we suck anyway might as well give the long time organizational guy some playing time as a reward for his faithful service scenario 

Which I can support.

I just realized Zach's been in the Sox system that long. That's like 40 years in a quality system. 

On 6/15/2023 at 7:20 PM, Texsox said:

Which I can support.

I just realized Zach's been in the Sox system that long. That's like 40 years in a quality system. 

I feel like a lot of people in Spring Training thought this guy would be a coach or even manager (can't quite remember) somewhere when he retires. If people think that highly of him, doesn't it make sense to maybe have a guy like that on at least your bench? Especially on a team which seems to lack baseball IQ? Granted, I'm not sure if anyone in the front office has really thought or said that.

Edit: having said that, I would rather see Popeye play every day while he is here.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

Fegan wrote this in this afternoon's story in the Sun-Times:

"Third baseman Yoán Moncada is sidelined indefinitely by a recurrence of back pain caused by a protruding disc that he’s dealt with since the end of spring training. He can take routine ground balls, but Grifol said Moncada’s back started to flare up after charging a shorter grounder earlier this month in New York, and that he feels it most acutely while swinging. He’s yet to test out either of those movements.

That makes it very unlikely that Moncada could return before the All-Star break, and brings much uncertainty for a 27-year-old that is seeing his second-straight season go sideways due to injures that seeped into his on-field performance."

After 2024 it's "he gone..."

• Like 1

I hope Yoan gets a second opinion, because surgery may be his best option for long term health. Can't trust the White Sox staff to give accurate assessments and or doing what is best for their players after recent history of injury mismanagement.

@ptatc - Would like to hear your perspective in terms of what you know about treatment options for protruding disks, surgery vs. rest.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Fegan wrote this in this afternoon's story in the Sun-Times:

"Third baseman Yoán Moncada is sidelined indefinitely by a recurrence of back pain caused by a protruding disc that he’s dealt with since the end of spring training. He can take routine ground balls, but Grifol said Moncada’s back started to flare up after charging a shorter grounder earlier this month in New York, and that he feels it most acutely while swinging. He’s yet to test out either of those movements.

That makes it very unlikely that Moncada could return before the All-Star break, and brings much uncertainty for a 27-year-old that is seeing his second-straight season go sideways due to injures that seeped into his on-field performance."

After 2024 it's "he gone..."

I don’t miss seeing him jogging to first, at least Remillard plays like someone who gives a s%*# out there and performs decently. He costs a lot less too. Yoan can stay on the shelf since his trade value is probably shot.

Edited by The Beast
  • Like 2