6/16- Sox at Mariners, 9:10, Apple TV

flavum

Just now, harkness99 said:

12 strike outs and no walks for us

6 walks and 6 strike outs for the mariners.

This is our organizational philosophy... give up a lot of walks.. take none, strike out a lot and hit a lot of ground balls.

championship recipe for sure.

How about Grandal's walk rate:

2021: 23.2%

2022: 12.0%

2023: 7.3%

they realize that the runner gets to go to first base after a walk, right? 

Seriously why does TA stink? Remember looking at the box score every day and many many times TA with 2, 3 hits. Now he blows.

Not sure he'll attract much in a trade. No power. Horrific pitch recognition, always been adequate but nothing special at SS. Yikes. Rite now he's a .250 hitter with zero power and no ability to draw walks. Other than that he's Luis Aparicio.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Seriously why does TA stink? Remember looking at the box score every day and many many times TA with 2, 3 hits. Now he blows.

Not sure he'll attract much in a trade. No power. Horrific pitch recognition, always been adequate but nothing special at SS. Yikes. Rite now he's a .250 hitter with zero power and no ability to draw walks. Other than that he's Luis Aparicio.

He's not even close to Aparicio who was one of the finest defensive shortstops in history and really "changed the game" by bringing back the lost art of the stolen base. He led the American League in that category for nine consecutive seasons.

TA pardon the expression, "can't make a pimple on his rear end" as my dad used to say.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

TA walks 3 times every 100 at bats. And Pedro keeps play him lead off….

2 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Sale, immensely. 

I always had a fave player I'd love/defend til this year. I have none. Not even close to a player I like on this team. Cease comes close to being likeable. Ditto Burger yet I realize Burger is horrific on D and all or nothing at the plate.

My last fave player: Abreu of course.