Sox vs Seamen

Heads22

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

Robert is at 2.9 WAR and a 128 OPS+. He makes bad decisions but he is the least of their issues.  TA's stat line is what Jake would be if he stops hitting homers.

Wow, now were going with If's and hypotheticals as opposed to facts. Great logic.

11 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Wow, you can barely take watching Jake's at bats, but you are ok watching the other losers on this team swinging at pitches outside the zone.

We are 30th in swing% outside the zone. We are 30th in least amount of pitches taken per AB. We are 30th in walks taken. Yeah you're right, I guess that's all Jake's fault we are 30th in most plate discipline stats.

The Sox have turned out to be one of the worst teams in MLB.  The pity is that the Sox have a large payroll and has some talent but they underachieve, and no adjustments are made.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Most of our guys can’t hit a slider, and swing and miss on any balls out of the zone. .  Need to take a strike before swinging for the first time.

You are correct. That's why we are the worst coached team for plate discipline as well as a bad bunch of dumb baseball IQ players.

17 minutes ago, almagest said:

I don't know how much more I can spell this out for you. He's swinging at everything. That won't work long term. It hasn't really been working for a month. Only his power is keeping him in the majors right now.

I like Jake a lot, but I can barely watch his at-bats because of the poor swing decisions he makes. He needs to be much more selective or that WAR is going to take a nosedive.

I'll take everyone on the team making the same type of bad decisions if they produced like Burger. Oh wait they all do make the same bad decisions as Burger and don't produce like him.

The guy has 375 MLB AB's and 25 HR . Give him a chance.  The way people were talking about him before he even was in the lineup on a permanent basis  you'd think he wouldn't be able to produce positive WAR at all like Vaughn has struggled with.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He’s done more in one game than Timmy has all season to help them win 

Agreed. Time for a phantom TA IL stint if he isn't heading there already. Maybe that will give him some time to sort his personal/mental health out too.

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'll take everyone on the team making the same type of bad decisions if they produced like Burger. Oh wait they all do make the same bad decisions as Burger and don't produce like him.

The guy has 375 MLB AB's and 25 HR . Give him a chance.  The way people were talking about him before he even was in the lineup on a permanent basis  you'd think he wouldn't be able to produce positive WAR at all like Vaughn has struggled with.

I’m absolutely giving him a chance. He’s been making very poor swing decisions, even for this lineup, and he needs to stop doing that. His power is scary good and pitchers are going to work around him. If he gets himself out like this he’s got no chance. If he doesn’t get himself out then he’s a potent weapon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

At least Jake can get some home runs with those swings, which most of the other slugs on this team can't do. 

Let's face it you are one of the peeps in here that are in the camp, I can't stand Jake having any success and I will always criticize him because any success he had is a fluke.

Trust me, Jake Burger is not the reason this team is about to go 12 games under 500. But that's fine, keep pointing out Jake as the main reason for this horrible team's record. 

His power is not a fluke. He’s a dangerous hitter. He can’t be dangerous if he swings at everything. Put your bias aside and look at what he’s doing objectively. 

• Like 1