6/19 Sox vs. Rangers 7:10PM CT

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Is there another organization that hasn't had a real RF or 2B in 15+ years like this one?

No. The Sox are huuuuuuuge outliers in the lack of production they've gotten out of 2nd base since 2005.

They're 30th in fWAR at 2nd base post 2005 and *12* WAR behind the 29th ranked team.

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Hawk 1

Billy Hamilton

He looks so sad in this picture.

Really hope he can start hitting, but not sure that's going to happen. He hasn't gotten a hit since April 29th, is 0 for 9 with 6 Ks and 1 BB on his current assignment and hasn't played since June 11th because of the DFA / waiver time.

Even if he hits .550-.600, he'd really help Robert who is going to break down eventually with 1 day off per month (0 in June, 1 in April, 2 in May which I believe were a tweak of something).

These guys are collectively the most depressing Sox team since before I can remember. At least the 2016 team or whatever had a nice April before collapsing and the rebuild years at least had fun prospects to follow. 

Prolly some mid aughts seasons I have forgotten about but jeeze.

Just now, fathom said:

No reason he should be hitting so much better than Vaughn 

something tells me coaching is a factor, doesn't seem like a coincidence that 10 out of their top 13 position players have an OPS+ over 100. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sox have dropped .404 net in OPS since their 2019 tanking team four years ago today.

June 19 Lineup 2019 vs. 2023 OPS:

1. CF L. Garcia .700 vs, LF A. Benintendi .703 (+3)
  2. SS T. Anderson .818 vs. 1B A. Vaughn .744 (-74)
  3. 1B J. Abreu .814 vs. CF L. Robert Jr. .836 (+22)
  4.  C J. McCann .893 vs. DH E. Jimenez .745 (-148)
  5. LF E. Jimenez .798 vs. C Y. Grandal .724 (-74)
  6. 3B Y. Moncada .864 vs, 3B J. Burger .874 (+10)
  7. RF R. Cordell .590 vs. RF C. Frazier .570 (-20)
  8. 2B Y. Sanchez .640 vs. SS E. Andrus .517 (-123)
  9. SP* L. Giolito .000 vs. 2B Z. Remillard 7 ABs

Note*: 6/19/19 at Wrigley, No DH.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Their 13th round first baseman is out hitting Vaughn too.  Honest to god it's almost impossible to F this thing up more than Hahn.  

I’m just hoping they’re finally going to can Hahn after the draft.  This thing has imploded on and off the field.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m just hoping they’re finally going to can Hahn after the draft.  This thing has imploded on and off the field.

If he gets promoted, he will still f*** things up. KW and him need to be gone, let Dombrowski or someone set up a legit FO. I really hope Jerry has no more friends he wants to slot in these spots.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

If he gets promoted, he will still f*** things up. KW and him need to be gone, let Dombrowski or someone set up a legit FO. I really hope Jerry has no more friends he wants to slot in these spots.

He would never agree to operate within the Sox budgetary constraints that are soon to be imposed. 

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

He would never agree to operate within the Sox budgetary constraints that are soon to be imposed. 

I don't expect him to work here, just recommend people who should work here, a 2-3 month consiglieri.

The problem is, hard to recruit people when their term could literally be a day or decade, depending primarily on when Jerry dies.