6/21/2023: Texas Rangers @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT: TV NBCSCH & Radio WMVP AM 1000

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Deadline or offseason, I'm good either way.

Best chance IMO is to keep him healthy at DH for 4 weeks plus the ASB, hope he can hit 6+ HRs despite his aversion to DH, and they can flip him before he goes down again.

He's a -28 Defensive Runs saved in RF this season.

I sincerely doubt they will do the hard reset that I would, but I would try to move every dollar possible at the deadline. I wouldn’t worry about the return, if I can get someone to take on his contract, I will count that as a win. Removes the risk of him struggling or getting injured over the last couple years.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I sincerely doubt they will do the hard reset that I would, but I would try to move every dollar possible at the deadline. I wouldn’t worry about the return, if I can get someone to take on his contract, I will count that as a win. Removes the risk of him struggling or getting injured over the last couple years.

I agree, but I'm holding out hope he gets hot and someone offers something not even Hahn will turn down.

Those rumors of Eloy and Yermin for Pedro Lopez haunt me to this day.

16 minutes ago, wegner said:

I've got a side angle with these seats but 8 thought there were some bad calls...mostly going against the Sox

Didn't expect the umps to do us any favors, but the zone was pretty actively hostile. Rangers pitchers got basically everything on the black and then some, Sox couldn't even get the edges called consistently.

For example, the aforementioned missed call on Heim:

Spoiler

heim_missed_call.JPG

Meanwhile, Seby was called out on a far worse pitch:

Spoiler

Seby_Missed_Call.JPG

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You should probably stop now.

Which cities of Pitt Balt Cincy Detroit Milwaukee Cleveland (basically the Rust Belt) are doing demonstrably better than the 70s 80s 90s???

Washington has unique advantages due to Northern VA suburbs, corporate/government connections. 

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Meanwhile Anderson STILL hasn't played and they STILL haven't put him on the IL! 😆😆😆😆😆

Technically he pinch hit yesterday so they’d have to do any IL stint starting then.

56 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Didn't expect the umps to do us any favors, but the zone was pretty actively hostile. Rangers pitchers got basically everything on the black and then some, Sox couldn't even get the edges called consistently.

For example, the aforementioned missed call on Heim:

Hide contents

heim_missed_call.JPG

Meanwhile, Seby was called out on a far worse pitch:

Hide contents

Seby_Missed_Call.JPG

I thought Seby was going to get tossed....who's the emergency catcher?

I thought they may have pulled Kopech for decreased velocity / potential injury concerns, but he was pulled to give him an extra inning of rest. WTF?

Why not put in Touki at that point to get multiple innings? Sox would have been in the game, perhaps one it, if they didn't punt with Lambert who now has a 6.85 ERA, and hasn't looked good beyond mop up / low leverage situations.

This was a chance to win the series against a solid team, and they threw in the towel. 

A new GM needs to bring in a new manager ASAP. Both are severely out of their element.

The bigger picture is to let this guy try to get through the fifth if he's healthy, build up experience for future games when he needs to suck it up and pitch through adversity.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Man, four hits won't cut it. So inept.

Let's face it, we have a great highlight film ready to be made of Vaughn homers, Robert, Eloy, BurgerKing,, but they hit them so infrequently. ... Let's face it. They all once in a long while tee off on the baseball. But their consistency is nada. If those four get consistent someday, look out. Not sure if they are valuable prospects or not, but again Vaughn's homer tonight was majestic. Other than that, crud.

What's with the starting pitcher going 4? Was he dogbleep? Pitch count was still under 90. Our starters by the way throw way too many pitches. Another trouble spot. We do stink. Unloveable bad team.

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Another quality loss.  Keep losing series, Boys!

You rooting for high draft pick? That's an exercise in futility often, specially with Sox scouts. They'll take a stud pitcher who'll get hurt like they all do. Or a Burger-esque hitter. love me some Burger but his average is down to .230 and his penchant for swinging too much annoys.

• Like 1