7/1 - Chicago White Sox @ Oakland Athletics - 3:07 PM CDT. TV: NBCSCH; Radio WMVP 1000 AM

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Cease doesn’t have much right now, get out of the inning and go to the bullpen.

Sir,

Are you available to manage the White Sox the remainder of the season. Jerry Reinsdorf is prepared to pay you minimum wage during game time hours. You are responsible for travel expense.

Signed,

Rick Hahn

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sir,

Are you available to manage the White Sox the remainder of the season. Jerry Reinsdorf is prepared to pay you minimum wage during game time hours. You are responsible for travel expense.

Signed,

Rick Hahn

You are aware that I’m older than TLR.

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

Quick question, how does control work with Santos? The Sox signed him to a 1 year contract but he is pre arb so do the Sox control him or is he a free agent after the year? I'll hang up and listen.

If you can't get 6 innings out of Cease vs the worst team in baseball, and still have a lead, well...

EDIT: I'm not saying he SHOULD still be in, I'm saying he has nothing against a terrible team.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Quick question, how does control work with Santos? The Sox signed him to a 1 year contract but he is pre arb so do the Sox control him or is he a free agent after the year? I'll hang up and listen.

Santos had 0.05 years of ML Service time entering 2023. He is under control at the minimum through at least 2025, then arbitration after year three of service time. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, wegner said:

Pretty amazing that Remillard has been in minors for so long, then comes up and looks good most days at the major league level.

He’s played well but small sample size luck has a lot to do with that.  He hits the ball incredibly softly (only Clint Frazier has a lower average exit velocity).