Giolito speaks...

Lip Man 1

Can't help but wonder if the team has offered to extend his contract this year.  I hope they sign him. Considering the millions of dollars Hahn has wasted on players who weren't any good  I can't understand why he wouldn't sign Giolito. 

Edited by WBWSF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Can't help but wonder if the team has offered to extend his contract this year.  I hope they sign him. Considering the millions of dollars Hahn has wasted on players who weren't any good  I can't understand why he wouldn't sign Giolito. 

There was a contingent of Sox fans that wanted to non tender Gio. I certainly was not one of those bafoons, but of course there is a reason not to hand him $120M+. 

The reality of the situation is the Sox are incredibly unlikely to be the high bidders on Gio. This FA SP class is weak; Gio is likely 2nd or third best available. Sox aren’t winning that bidding. Let the bidding begin now and turn Gio into 6.5 years of control of an MLB ready top 100 SP prospect that can step right into rotation. 

• Haha 1

I would like to see Sox management recognize that pitching wins games. Let’s keep our guys on the team instead of letting them walk and then sign pitchers on the cheap who are prone to injuries or just over the hill. Just look at our history and the pitchers we let go or traded away for a hope of catching lightning in a bottle and in the meantime giving up excellent prospects 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

There was a contingent of Sox fans that wanted to non tender Gio. I certainly was not one of those bafoons, but of course there is a reason not to hand him $120M+. 

The reality of the situation is the Sox are incredibly unlikely to be the high bidders on Gio. This FA SP class is weak; Gio is likely 2nd or third best available. Sox aren’t winning that bidding. Let the bidding begin now and turn Gio into 6.5 years of control of an MLB ready top 100 SP prospect that can step right into rotation. 

Well, he and Jose Berrios were pretty much the two worst qualified starters in the entire majors last year.

Obviously much closer to a weak 2 or strong 3 this year.

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

I would like to see Sox management recognize that pitching wins games. Let’s keep our guys on the team instead of letting them walk and then sign pitchers on the cheap who are prone to injuries or just over the hill. Just look at our history and the pitchers we let go or traded away for a hope of catching lightning in a bottle and in the meantime giving up excellent prospects 

Why sign or give QOs to solid pitchers in their 20s, when they can overpay on end of career guys with gargantuan ERAs in their mid 30s. Bonus for being a finger pointing d-bag.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

Signing him long term does more for PR then performance.  At this point in time the White Sox are a joke with players succeeding elsewhere that the White Sox were fleeced on.  Semien  Tatis, etc.

There are the stupid contracts Leury, Hanser, Lynn, the bullpen and while Benrntendi then Grandal previously are the highest deals.

There is something about extending Gio that shows me they care.

I know they won't sign him and I know I will say to myself, thats too much for him when that happens.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WBWSF said:

21jump-street-21.gif

Benintendi agrees to largest White Sox contract

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/benintendi-agrees-to-largest-white-sox-contract/341049/