Kannapolis Game

Johno

2 hours ago, oldsox said:

He probably pitched deeper into games in Little League, Pony League, High School.  Then the White Sox drafted him.

Hahn licking his chops at the thought of calling him up to be in the bullpen for a potential late season division comeback. 

• Haha 2

At this point it's safe to say he dominating low A ball. I do not want to over rush this talented kid through the minors, but would it be that bad to consider moving him to high A Winston-Salem sooner than later? Will someone please tell me the Sox won't make Schultz spend the rest of his minor league season pitching at Kannapolis. 

Just now, The Kids Can Play said:

At this point it's safe to say he dominating low A ball. I do not want to over rush this talented kid through the minors, but would it be that bad to consider moving him to high A Winston-Salem sooner than later? Will someone please tell me the Sox won't make Schultz spend the rest of his minor league season pitching at Kannapolis. 

I see your point, but I think they have to work him up to 85 pitches before they consider moving him.  At this point, it’s like he’s pitching in an all star game every week. Let him go through an order 3 times at least once just for development purposes.

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I see your point, but I think they have to work him up to 85 pitches before they consider moving him.  At this point, it’s like he’s pitching in an all star game every week. Let him go through an order 3 times at least once just for development purposes.

That's fine with me. I just wish their was a stronger coaching staff down there to work with Noah on getting him to use let pitches and let him go longer.

You're right though, he needs to quit going only 2 or 3 innings. That is on the Sox coaching staff to make that happen. However when the last two years the Sox farm system has been ranked 29th and 26th, tells me they are not very competent developing and improving our prospects, especially pitchers. I don't have stats on this, but an educated guess tells me, the Sox are probably 30th ranked, if you just rank the pitchers in all 30 farm systems.

On 7/16/2023 at 9:41 AM, The Kids Can Play said:

That's fine with me. I just wish their was a stronger coaching staff down there to work with Noah on getting him to use let pitches and let him go longer.

You're right though, he needs to quit going only 2 or 3 innings. That is on the Sox coaching staff to make that happen. However when the last two years the Sox farm system has been ranked 29th and 26th, tells me they are not very competent developing and improving our prospects, especially pitchers. I don't have stats on this, but an educated guess tells me, the Sox are probably 30th ranked, if you just rank the pitchers in all 30 farm systems.

I think he missed some time earlier this season with an arm injury?  Don't recall the details, but probably has something to do with this.

1 hour ago, ThirdGen said:

I think he missed some time earlier this season with an arm injury?  Don't recall the details, but probably has something to do with this.

sore fore arm. if his elbow is going to go, it will. maybe pitching limited innings because of that. i doubt it will make a difference.

27 minutes ago, zisk said:

sore fore arm. if his elbow is going to go, it will. maybe pitching limited innings because of that. i doubt it will make a difference.

Forearm is better than elbow at his age.

He is on thin side, so hopefully they will work some proper strength training into his future, relative to what strength work a pitcher usually needs. 

• Thanks 1