GameThread: White Sox @ Twins

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

It's such a waste of everyone's time that Bryan Shaw is occupying a roster spot

Just illustrates how bad the minor league pitching is.  Seemingly every day, I look at the completed box scores and just shake my head at how terrible it is.

• Like 1

Just now, baseballgalaly said:

I think he could have gotten away with 96-98 if he kept the snapdragon slider. Idk what the sox did to his slider grip but his slider is way worse now than it was in 2020. 

Crochet or Kopech?

1 minute ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I don’t understand how you end up trotting Lynn out there this last inning….

Would have been out of the inning if they played Colas as an everyday player like he should be, instead of a platoon player with non outfielders like Remillard playing RF for the first times in his professional career this season. Because White Sox.

I used to blame this on Tony, but this has continued under Pedro because Hahn is absolute garbage at his job and cannot properly manage his active or 40 man roster.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Just illustrates how bad the minor league pitching is.  Seemingly every day, I look at the completed box scores and just shake my head at how terrible it is.

Cut him and bring up somebody who can play right field

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Crochet or Kopech?

Yes. Kopech didn't pitch in 2020 but in 2021 his slider was great.

I think they tried to fix something that wasn't broken and tried to get both guys to throw a sweeper. Fail. 

Both Crochet and Kopech came up throwing an 87-89 mph slider with short but sharp break and they missed bats. 

Sox tried to get both guys to throw a sweeper and they ruined a plus pitch for both. 

Edited by baseballgalaly

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

look at the young twins hitters and how they work the count and remaind disciplined and calm....

compared to our spaztic, whimsical and undisciplined hitters who have no plan.

Twins hitters are literally on pace to break the team season strikeout record, FYI.

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Twins hitters are literally on pace to break the team season strikeout record, FYI.

and here is a prime example of a strawman.... 

Kiriloff age 25   835 ops and 380 ob

Ed Julien  age 24  971 ops and 391 ob

Ryan Jeffers age 26   787 ops    371

There are more.. but im tired of typing.

Edited by harkness99

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Twin pitchers: 3.88; 3.40; 4.42 ERAs

White Sox pitchers: 6.18; 10.80 (to start the inning) ERA

Bryan Shaw pitching to Carlos Perez with Grandal at 1B, Andrus at 2B and Remillard in RF for a team that hasn’t traded anyone or fired anyone yet

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2

Just now, fathom said:

Bryan Shaw pitching to Carlos Perez with Grandal at 1B, Andrus at 2B and Remillard in RF for a team that hasn’t traded anyone or fired anyone yet

Great seats still available for the remaining home games.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Great seats still available for the remaining home games.

You can see the unsold season tickets in the remaining tickets for the Cubs series, a few hundred sold since I looked at this last week.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04005D7EC4363E53?tfl=Chicago_White_Sox-Tickets-White_Sox_Ticket_Information-ticket_grid-x0-Desktop-Landscape&adobe_mc=MCMID=14505932877399500000272204933552964990&MCORGID=A65F776A5245B01B0A490D44%40AdobeOrg&TS=1689992738

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

$46 for an upper deck seat to watch this garbage? Hard pass.

46 cents....I'll check my schedule but I doubt it.

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Would have been out of the inning if they played Colas as an everyday player like he should be, instead of a platoon player with non outfielders like Remillard playing RF for the first times in his professional career this season. Because White Sox.

I used to blame this on Tony, but this has continued under Pedro because Hahn is absolute garbage at his job and cannot properly manage his active or 40 man roster.

I assumed that Colas would start every day against righties the rest of the season. I guess I was  wrong.

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

And how unimaginative they are to create depth. Shaw's roster spot should be used on waiver claims, relievers currently blocked on 40-mans, etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1