7/25 Game Thread: Cubs @ White Sox 7:10CT

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Not every team has a bad closer like Graveman, who is not a closer.  Sox need to try someone else closing.

They have and they all sucked...remember Lopez imploding and how about Kelly? 😆

I have to say I enjoy reading the game threads after I know the outcome.  It’s comedy, despair, anger all topped off with some cynicism.  Very enjoyable.  I chuckle often.  Thanks to all who bring it in the game threads. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Total, complete, unadulterated garbage tonight...all aspects, all areas.

The team/organization has no heart, no guts and no brains. 

As I mentioned before it started, one team wants to keep the team together and play hard and the other is the exact opposite 

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

I have to say I enjoy reading the game threads after I know the outcome.  It’s comedy, despair, anger all topped off with some cynicism.  Very enjoyable.  I chuckle often.  Thanks to all who bring it in the game threads. 

Same here…the utter disgust with Yaz and knowing he strikes out to end the game. 🤌🏼

5 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Frank Thomas keeps talking about how this is a bunch of superstars that just are not clicking.  Bullshit.  I love you Frank, but that is bullshit.  

Let's see how much we can get for some of these superstars before they all turn into pumpkins on August 1st 

A couple of weeks ago, it looked like a grand slam might get TA going.....overturned

Tonight it looked like a great return from Yoan but Suzuki says no to that grand slam. I would not be surprised if Moncada doesn't hit another ball as far as the warning track for a week.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He's been passable at 3B.  He probably has no future as a second baseman.  Just put Moncada at 2B where he has played a lot before and leave Burger at 3B where his defense has improved.  

Too much to expect from the clueless Pedro.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:
  • 1st: Robert Jr. strikes out swinging.
  • 2nd: Moncada strikes out swinging.
  • 4th: Robert Jr. strikes out swinging.
  • 6th: Colas strikes out swinging.
  • 7th: Burger strikes out swinging.
  • 8th: Anderson strikes out looking.
  • 9th: Moncada strikes out swinging.
  • 9th: Vaughn strikes out looking.
  • 9th: Grandal strikes out looking.

Insult to injury, this is the first game in Chicago Cubs history with 4 + HRs and 5 + SBs.

Trade Grandal, Fire Rick Hahn.

reports say lt's the 1st time since 1901

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Jake Burger is the most likeable guy on the team and it looks like he sucks too.  Get rid of everyone in this organization, from the owners to the front office to the players and coaches.  

If MLB would be like the soccer English Premier League, Sox would be relegated to AAA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Well pretty much all of baseball is well aware Kopech is painfully slow to plate.

That's not fair. The White Sox don't seem to use advanced scouts, why do other teams get to use them?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

White Sox being beat down at home because the other team hits homeruns and they don't. Nothing new to see here. Just years and years of this bullshit.

Poor Sox roster construction.  Needed to sign sluggers to play in GRF.  We spent the big money on  Benintendi and relievers instead.