GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

This would be a massive inning without that play by Moncada...

Robert is going to lose that Gold Glove at this rate.

Might still be a massive inning

Are there actually multiple teams interested in Lynn? Why? If I'm the Rays or Dodgers or Orioles I want Scholtens instead. He's frankly a better baseball player right now. Baseball teams are obsessed with pitchers who strike out a lot of batters for some reason. In a show of irony, baseball teams also don't really mind batters who strike out a lot so long as they can hit with power. 

Just now, nrockway said:

Are there actually multiple teams interested in Lynn? Why? If I'm the Rays or Dodgers or Orioles I want Scholtens instead. He's frankly a better baseball player right now. Baseball teams are obsessed with pitchers who strike out a lot of batters for some reason. In a show of irony, baseball teams also don't really mind batters who strike out a lot so long as they can hit with power. 

Yeah, if people are striking out nobody is advancing on the bases. 

Do any Sox other than Eloy even give a flying one about this rivalry and more than that about winning at all ? Too many guys on this team are not team players and could give a s%*# about Sox fans. I guess one could say that about most professional sports teams to some extent but it bothers me to see it.

1 minute ago, nrockway said:

Teams looking for playoff experience...it's why Kelly will get a lot of interest.

Scholtens has a lot more value to the White Sox for 2024.  Nobody would trade for him with his lack of a track record of success.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Did the rookie just jog to first base?

He was told to play at an intensity level of 8 instead of 10. 
I wonder if anyone ever told Pete Rose to lower his intensity level.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

He was told to play at an intensity of 8 instead of 10. 
I wonder if anyone ever told Pete Rose to lower his intensity level.

Don't forget Ty Cobb lol...and noted hothead Paul O'Neill.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, tray said:

Do any Sox other than Eloy even give a flying one about this rivalry and more than that about winning at all ? Too many guys on this team are not team players and could give a s%*# about Sox fans. I guess one could say that about most professional sports teams to some extent but it bothers me to see it.

• Tim Anderson singles on a ground ball to second baseman Nico Hoerner.
  • Luis Robert Jr. doubles (27) on a sharp line drive to center fielder Mike Tauchman. 
  • Andrew Vaughn singles on a ground ball to left fielder Ian Happ. 
  • Andrew Benintendi walks.