2023 College Football Thread

17 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Benetti doing Iowa-Iowa State

So is Trump, lol.

What a combo.

In all seriousness, Sanders has been coaching in the Dallas area for quite some time...so it's not like he just jumped straight into the Colorado job.

He also possessed all the ties from that massive recruiting hotbed, as well as the national name recognition (all those promotional ads like the one with Nick Saban for Aflac).

Let's see if he can sustain the momentum against a NEB program that keeps finding new and more creative ways to lose every year.

So how did he get lured away from the blue blood program? “About a week before the announcement that he was coming to Colorado, they called me and said, 'We're making a switch, we want you to come with us,'” Dylan Edwards shared (on his flip from ND to Coach Prime).

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I didn’t say Sanders jumped right into the Colorado job.

Deion had claimed TWENTY years of coaching experience on FOX last weekend, but it's actually closer to 10+.

If Deion Sanders can shock the world in Game 1, imagine what he can do with Colorado in the coming years (yahoo.com)

Sanders has made an effort to coach at several different stops. His first coaching position in 2012, was with the charter school Prime Prep Academy, which he helped found. Sanders was later fired as the coach after CFO Kevin Johnson alleged Sanders assaulted him by grabbing him by the collar and pushing him against a wall. Sanders denied the claim, pleading no contest and later paying a $765.70 fine related to the charge. In 2015, Sanders was named the CEO of FOCUS Academies and granted the head coaching position at the Triple A academy, where Sanders led them to face his alma mater North Fort Myers High School in Florida, a game featuring a key matchup between several ranked recruits.[87] On August 17, 2017, it was announced by CBS Sports that Sanders would be switching coaching positions at a new high school to become the offensive coordinator at Trinity Christian-Cedar Hill high school in Cedar Hill, Texas. The move was significant for Sanders, as both his sons played at the high school. Sanders served on the staff as offensive coordinator under former Dallas Cowboy Aveion Cason.[88]

While continuing to work as an NFL analyst, Sanders became the head coach for the Prime Prep Academy which he co-founded. He stayed as the head coach for 2012 and 2013. In 2015, he was hired as the head coach for Triple A Academy where he was the coach for two seasons. In 2017, he became the offensive coordinator for Trinity Christian High School giving him the opportunity to coach his sons Shilo and Shedeur.[40]

Edited by caulfield12

I’m not really a college football guy, but I looked at Georgia’s schedule and wondered if it was an “easy” schedule, given they don’t face ranked opponents until November and don’t have Alabama on the schedule. Is there any truth to that? Does anyone get tired of seeing the same teams in the National Championship games?

Edited by The Beast

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

I’m not really a college football guy, but I liked at Georgia’s schedule and wondered if it was an “easy” schedule, given they don’t face ranked opponents until November and don’t have Alabama on the schedule. Is there any truth to that? Does anyone get tired of seeing the same teams in the National Championship games?

Well with Bama down...along with Clemson, might be time for a return to FSU and Miami.

Not sure if anyone looks poised to break up that SEC monopoly...certainly not a B10 team.

The media will continue to play up Colorado until/unless they've lost to Oregon Wash USC.

9 hours ago, The Beast said:

I’m not really a college football guy, but I liked at Georgia’s schedule and wondered if it was an “easy” schedule, given they don’t face ranked opponents until November and don’t have Alabama on the schedule. Is there any truth to that? Does anyone get tired of seeing the same teams in the National Championship games?

Yes, Georgia's schedule is pretty easy. Tennessee is the only game I see them potentially losing. We should get some new blood this year though. Alabama, LSU and A&M all with a non-conference loss just about ensures that we don't get 2 SEC teams in the playoff this year, and even then, Georgia won't have as easy semifinal game as they've had in the past. Michigan, Florida St, Texas and USC all look like very, very strong teams. Ohio State, ND, Penn St, Utah all have potential but haven't really been tested yet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Yes, Georgia's schedule is pretty easy. Tennessee is the only game I see them potentially losing. We should get some new blood this year though. Alabama, LSU and A&M all with a non-conference loss just about ensures that we don't get 2 SEC teams in the playoff this year, and even then, Georgia won't have as easy semifinal game as they've had in the past. Michigan, Florida St, Texas and USC all look like very, very strong teams. Ohio State, ND, Penn St, Utah all have potential but haven't really been tested yet.

Utah isnt going anywhere without Rising.  They easily could have lost this past weekend.

Would expect more out of Washington or Oregon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 6:56 PM, bmags said:

Going down to Nashville for the most un-SEC of SEC games: Vandy-Missouri.

Looking forward to 150 yards of burden receiving at least.

He did that.

i honestly am shocked how good Brady cook is. Seems obvious that like maybe a shoulder injury may have hurt him last year, but never thought we had a guy like this.

• 2 weeks later...