Sox, Tribe, Peacock at High Noon Sunday, EDT.

oldsox

1 minute ago, Jake said:

TBH, I respect Pedro's willingness to boldly lie to protect his players in public. Going back to the LouBob running hard to first base fiasco earlier this season.

At some point you can’t continue to constantly coddle your players, they aren’t doing their job you have to call a spade a spade at certain points and quit talking to the media and fans like they are idiots. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Andrus is officially the leader of the team now with Liam out.

He should be the manager, not a player, just holding down a roster spot from a player like Sosa who could actually be apart of this teams future.

1 minute ago, Vote4Pedro said:

He should be the manager, not a player, just holding down a roster spot from a player like Sosa who could actually be apart of this teams future.

By that argument Shaw and Grandal should be gone...and the problem is Sosa is not a true SS anyway.

Andrus is only there because of Anderson.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

By that argument Shaw and Grandal should be gone...and the problem is Sosa is not a true SS anyway.

Andrus is only there because of Anderson.

Yep 1000 percent agree with that. Have said numerous times I don’t know why Grandal and Andrus is on this roster 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I don’t care for tanking, I like wins and these last 2 were nice.

I agree with you. i don't believe in tanking. Some so called White Sox fans post they hope the team keeps losing and others say stop going to the games. Those fans should find something else to do and support another team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Colas is making way too many errors out there. Such a bad player 

Marco Paddy must not be the International Scout of the year he was crowned, if he can't identify players that know basic baseball fundamentals.  What scout found Acuna, Arozarana, Alvarez, Iglesias, or Alvarez???

34 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I agree with you. i don't believe in tanking. Some so called White Sox fans post they hope the team keeps losing and others say stop going to the games. Those fans should find something else to do and support another team.

Why? Please give me one good reason why we should root for aging veterans to come through for this bottom 3 team in baseball and risk having a worse draft pick? The results at this point really don’t matter. What does matter is getting the young talent that is close to the majors opportunity to show what they can do, to see if they are apart of their future. That is 1000 percent the goal these final 2 months. Giving playing time to Grandal and Andrus does nothing, neither of them are on your roster next season. 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Marco Paddy must not be the International Scout of the year he was crowned, if he can't identify players that know basic baseball fundamentals.  What scout found Acuna, Arozarana, Alvarez, Iglesias, or Alvarez???

Paddy list of guys is underwhelming to say the least

Edited by Soxfest

47 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Why? Please give me one good reason why we should root for aging veterans to come through for this bottom 3 team in baseball and risk having a worse draft pick? The results at this point really don’t matter. What does matter is getting the young talent that is close to the majors opportunity to show what they can do, to see if they are apart of their future. That is 1000 percent the goal these final 2 months. Giving playing time to Grandal and Andrus does nothing, neither of them are on your roster next season. 

They are still in the top 5 for the draft pick and might only be in the top 3. 4th worst wouldn’t be an awful position for pick selection or pick selection odds.

Who would you rather see play than Grandal or Andrus?

Just now, The Beast said:

They are still in the top 5 for the draft pick and might only be in the top 3. 4th worst wouldn’t be an awful position for pick selection or pick selection odds.

Umm Perez or Lee at catcher and maybe Lenyn Sosa who has 17 HRs in Charlotte who has never gotten a real consistent showing at the MLB level 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Paddy list of guys is underwhelming to say the least

He's undercut by Jerry between the orders not to draft 16 year olds and the perennial trading of International Draft Slots.

Paddy signed Robert Jr. and Abreu, who combined have earned more White Sox Win Shares than the rest of the current organization combined.

• 2023 Luis Robert Jr. 4.4 vs. All Other White Sox Position Players including Burger 0.4.
  • White Sox Career Abreu (27.6 - 12th All Time) and Robert Jr. (11.0 62nd All Time - Definite shot at Top 10 if Jerry and Hahn don't get rid of him).
1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

If a Sox fan is listening or watching, I can't see a person actively rooting against the team. It's more of a defensive posture to take solace in losing and perhaps hope a terrible year end record could possibly lead to a significant organization overhaul, though that likely won't happen until there is a new owner.

The Sox are likely better off not getting a top pick in 2024, but rather in 2025 due to both the prospect class and the better possibility Jerry and or Hahn will be gone further out.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Sosa should be playing every day rest of season over Andrus. Lee when he is ready should also be here.

• Like 1