Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fire Chris Getz

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

So its not even debateable that he's a bad GM, and its simultaneously a crazy take to want him fired.

This is why the Sox have been the worst franchise in sports for 100+ years.

I’ll bet anything that Chris Getz and the higher ups are in total alignment on their approach to 2026

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Views 323.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • southsider2k5
    southsider2k5

    Hello Darkness my old friend.

  • Baseball Gal
    Baseball Gal

    An accurate graphic

  • Why don’t you tell us why there was no alternative?  Or why you believe so strongly in everything he has done in house, that is not visible or even quantifiable?  Or why we should accept him as “bette

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I’ll bet anything that Chris Getz and the higher ups are in total alignment on their approach to 2026

Of course they are, he's Jerry's golden boy. Me saying he deserves to lose his job has nothing to do with what I think will happen. Its an opinion.

5 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Of course they are, he's Jerry's golden boy. Me saying he deserves to lose his job has nothing to do with what I think will happen. Its an opinion.

Why fire a guy that is doing his job?

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Of course they are, he's Jerry's golden boy. Me saying he deserves to lose his job has nothing to do with what I think will happen. Its an opinion.

This team probably should have won about 75 games this year, there were zero playoff expectations. They massively over achieved and won their first playoff series in 21 years. Coming off 3 straight 100 loss seasons and getting the season we got this year, I don't understand how you can have the opinion that Chris Getz deserves to be fired.

I don't like Getz, I think he sucks at his job. I can't wait until he is actually fired but even I can't say that I think he deserves to be right now. You can thank a lousy division and a down AL for that.

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Why fire a guy that is doing his job?

We can nitpick all we want about moves that didn’t work out, but the guy has done a very good job this year. Also, JR was saying the other day how amazing he’s been.

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Why fire a guy that is doing his job?

Why fire anyone ever then? Who cares about doing a GOOD job

Just now, Green Line said:

Why fire anyone ever then? Who cares about doing a GOOD job

But he is. He’s just doing a different job than the job you wanted him to do.

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Why fire anyone ever then? Who cares about doing a GOOD job

He did do a good job with this team

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

We can nitpick all we want about moves that didn’t work out, but the guy has done a very good job this year. Also, JR was saying the other day how amazing he’s been.

Hell, I didn’t like the nepo pick. I didn’t necessarily like the Roch pick either. I didn’t like pitching staff. But I understand it’s just my opinion, and I understand their thinking, and ai understood the timeline of the plan when it is supposed to come together. Circa 2027-2028/29. Then we judge. But their plan such as it is, is working like a clock to this point.

Getz should have never gotten the job.

I have always felt he was a part of the problem. They fired Kenny and Rick but kept their kid. The biggest problem is JR. He values loyalty, always has and always will. This team has overachieved so JR will reward Chris.

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Getz should have never gotten the job.

I have always felt he was a part of the problem. They fired Kenny and Rick but kept their kid. The biggest problem is JR. He values loyalty, always has and always will. This team has overachieved so JR will reward Chris.

Pretty much a perfect post, well done sir.

Getz has done a great job at rebuilding, but has failed in his first test at bolstering a contender. I think its fair to separate the two.

The only thing that can absolve Deadline Getz, other than Castillo returning to form next year, is knowing who we were targeting, and what exactly was asked as far as prospect packages. Unfortunately we probably will never know.

Like what were the Angels asking for Soriano or Detmers (if we were even on them at all)? If they wanted Hagen Smith or Schultz and one of Bonemer or Carlson, I understand the not going in on them. But man we could have just gone after Griffin.

Edited by reiks12

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Getz has done a great job at rebuilding, but has failed in his first test at bolstering a contender. I think its fair to separate the two.

The only thing that can absolve Deadline Getz, other than Castillo returning to form next year, is knowing who we were targeting, and what exactly was asked as far as prospect packages. Unfortunately we probably will never know.

Like what were the Angels asking for Soriano or Detmers? If they wanted Hagen Smith or Schultz and one of Bonemer or Carlson, I understand the not going in on them.

That’s not a test that Getz was given by the team. You’re assigning a grade based on a test you are personally judging him over. Like double secret probation. But you can’t please everyone as they say.

3 hours ago, Green Line said:

I dont celebrate failure, so thanks. Youve made some awful takes recently but I would not ever say that

Yes, let's fire the general manager that is responsible for one of the most historic turnarounds in baseball history.

30 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

That’s not a test that Getz was given by the team. You’re assigning a grade based on a test you are personally judging him over. Like double secret probation. But you can’t please everyone as they say.

He was judging Getz’s trade deadline moves which were an unmitigated disaster. What grade would you give that? It can’t be better than a D or F.

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He was judging Getz’s trade deadline moves which were an unmitigated disaster. What grade would you give that? It can’t be better than a D or F.

D or an F. But like I said, they didn’t try real hard. Probably should have done nothing actually.

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

So its not even debateable that he's a bad GM, and its simultaneously a crazy take to want him fired.

This is why the Sox have been the worst franchise in sports for 100+ years.

Man this is straight garbage

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.