Update: 3 (2) fans injured by bullet in Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, police investigation underway)

Chicago White Sox

15 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I think you're missing the point there. If BJ does indeed have no respect for law enforcement and tries to muzzle them about what really happened, well, then said law enforcement certainly isn't going to do that. They would have leaked that by now.

I have heard the cops covering for cops story for sure, but it is worth mentioning that it only takes one pissed of person to end the careers of every one involved which makes it really, really hard to maintain.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And I don't remember this woman assaulting people she didn't know. I'm pretty sure Ligue had some words for the arresting officers. I sure hope they bring this teacher to justice. She sounds real dangerous, and worthy of a lot of overtime. 

These takes are worse than your Dominic Fletcher takes.

If you shoot yourself and another person, violate CC laws, violate City Residency employment laws, you should be held accountable. Period. And the Sox should also pull her season ticket privileges.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

These takes are worse than your Dominic Fletcher takes.

I'm hitting a sore spot with some people, and I'll stop. The whole story feels a little heavy handed, and sounds like a million other "mayor is too inexperienced to be effective, but skillfully runs crime wave with iron fist" BS I've heard for 60 years.

Edited by WestEddy

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Kind of like saying the White Album was worse than Sgt. Pepper's. I'll wear it. 

Just one more thing (Columbo Style).

What does she do with her gun(s) on school days, and in particular the day in question.

If she does the responsible thing on school days and locks her gun either at home or locked in an out of sight case within her locked car, as permitted under the ILL CC law, why didn’t she feel comfortable doing the same while attending the Sox game? Especially since she knew she would be searched.

Or does she carry her gun everywhere, including into the school she teaches, knowing staff isn’t subject to metal detectors searches. Took a chance stashing it on her person knowing her purse would be searched and therefore kept the gun stashed on her person rather than the smarter option of locking in a locked case and vehicle.

It’s possible she was off, but since she was attending with co-workers it’s likely she worked and stayed in the city (she works at a North Side CPS school) before the game, vs. driving to the far SW suburbs where she lives, and then fighting rush hour traffic a second time to get to Sox park in time for the game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I'm hitting a sore spot with some people, and I'll stop. The whole story feels a little heavy handed, and sounds like a million other "mayor is too inexperienced to be effective, but skillfully runs crime wave with iron fist" BS I've heard for 60 years.

That's because the Daleys were in charge for most of that time, but they were anything but incompetent.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I don't recall William Ligue shooting two people at Comiskey Park, walking scot-free out of the park. No prosecution, telling the cops to go f*** themselves.

CPD bending the knee to Johnson and his CTU boss out in South Bend, Indiana.

And you're out of your element Buehrle-Wood.

This single video says it all.  Unplanned and ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I think you're missing the point there. If BJ does indeed have no respect for law enforcement and tries to muzzle them about what really happened, well, then said law enforcement certainly isn't going to do that. They would have leaked that by now.

You can cover up a lot of things when you are in a position of power.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, WestEddy said:

And everybody jumping up to high five each other that it was a teacher who lived outside of Chicago. I'm shocked that the guy who knew the guy who knew the guy on the CPD didn't also know the teacher was collecting food stamps illegally, and sharing the money with Pastor Jeremiah Wright and the Jackie Robinson West Little League team. 

I don't remember people bending themselves into pretzel shapes to link up William Ligue to Mayor Daley, and hearing from a guy who knew a guy in the electrician's union that he was a 10th ward precinct captain under Vrdolyak. 

Like I said, I’m sure there were leaps made in that statement. I have no idea where that teacher lives. But that’s all just fluff that doesn’t make any difference to what actually happened that day.

• Like 1

People assume the pressure to “cover it up” would come from the mayor to protect a single teacher. That may be true, but it seems a big risk for a lowly individual teacher. We all understand that Johnson won because of the CTU, but him making the investigation go away for a single teacher seems far out.

I would think the greatest pressure would come from the billionaire whose business would be directly impacted, but maybe I’m alone on that.

I think what you’re gonna see is a report that simply says no theory can be ruled out completely, which isn’t exactly untrue due to the lack of cooperation from the involved parties. Not a “cover up”. And since no theory can be officially disproven, the Sox will lean hard that it had to have come from outside. And the media will probably go along with it in order to maintain access to the team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

People assume the pressure to “cover it up” would come from the mayor to protect a single teacher. That may be true, but it seems a big risk for a lowly individual teacher. We all understand that Johnson won because of the CTU, but him making the investigation go away for a single teacher seems far out.

I would think the greatest pressure would come from the billionaire whose business would be directly impacted, but maybe I’m alone on that.

I think what you’re gonna see is a report that simply says no theory can be ruled out completely, which isn’t exactly untrue due to the lack of cooperation from the involved parties. Not a “cover up”. And since no theory can be officially disproven, the Sox will lean hard that it had to have come from outside. And the media will probably go along with it in order to maintain access to the team.

Even for the mayor, there are higher priorities than protecting CTU and a teacher.

Jerry is the one applying the most pressure, but Johnson also greatly benefits after he sweeps it under the rug.

Johnson will face questions as to why did the City allow Jerry and/or Terry Savarise to overrule CPD and not halt the game, to ensure the area was secure and also to investigate the crime scene? Jerry's in-house off-duty CPD security staff responsible for lapses with procedures and or the metal detectors would also like this to go away.

A criminal charge warrants a public police record which will lead to multiple issues for CPS and the CTU, including does this woman also bring her gun to class each day, since she doesn't appear to have the will and/or sense to not bring guns into gun free zones, and why hasn't CPS begun removal procedures for blatantly violating Chicago residency requirements? The Sox will also be asked whether she is allowed to her to retain season tickets after this incident, and if so why?

The corporate media, especially in Chicago and especially in sports rarely rock the boat for any substantial discussions. They solely want to continue to have access so they can hang on to the ever shrinking jobs in that field. Nearly all are stenographers, not journalists. Would say James Fegan is one of the few exceptions, and I'm not sure Jerry will even allow him access to press allowed areas of the stadium.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

With all the unsolved murders, sexual assault cases, etc why put resources on this? The victim isn't complaining. The only reason anyone cares is it's inside a stadium. Well that and those that hate JR or the Sox. 

Accidental discharge doesn't even involve  jail time. Go put resources at crimes where people actually died or where victims are complaining. 

Dick Cheney did worse to Harry Whittingham and there wasn't this much angst and conspiracy theory. 

• TLR 2

28 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Accidental discharge doesn't even involve  jail time. Go put resources at crimes where people actually died or where victims are complaining. 

Dick Cheney did worse to Harry Whittingham and there wasn't this much angst and conspiracy theory. 

I understand a lot of what you’re saying, but carrying a gun inside of a sports complex with thousands of other people is a little bigger than an accidental discharge. And it’s legally prohibited.

You go after the person and make an example out of them to deter the next person. It doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen in this case due mainly to the actions of the involved parties, but you have to try.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

With all the unsolved murders, sexual assault cases, etc why put resources on this? The victim isn't complaining. The only reason anyone cares is it's inside a stadium. Well that and those that hate JR or the Sox. 

Yeah, who fucking cared that someone snuck a gun into a packed stadium…not a big deal at all and no reason to further assess the how’s or why’s.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, who fucking cared that someone snuck a gun into a packed stadium…not a big deal at all and no reason to further assess the how’s or why’s.

it's definitely amusing that a fatty snuck a gun into a baseball park and shot herself with it. it sounds like a bit from a European sketch comedy show mocking America but reality is often funnier than fiction. I choose to believe this is what happened even if there's conflicting evidence. Also, I was at this game sitting in left field a few sections over from where this happened. didn't hear a dang thing. I find this whole story very strange because I tend to think I would've heard the gunshot, the park wasn't that loud and I wasn't very far away, but maybe fat rolls are the perfect silencer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

Accidental discharge that luckily didn’t kill anyone.  Are you for real?!?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Let's follow this case

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/boy-accidentally-shot-south-side-gas-station/

CBS 2 Legal Analyst Irv Miller earlier said if the man did not have a Firearm Owners Identification Card or a Concealed Carry License, he would be with unlawful use of a weapon if he's not licensed. But if he had that license, he might not have faced charges, Miller siad.

"Unless he was basically violating the criminal laws of the State of Illinois and acting either recklessly or intentionally - or there's some evidence that he was putting this child's life in danger by something that he did, which may end up an endangering the life of the child charge – I don't suspect that he would be a charged at this point in time," Miller said.

https://abc7chicago.com/calumet-heights-gas-station-chicago-shooting-caught-on-camera/12723230/

No follow up stories that I could find.  But generally at best for the person who had the accident these get dismissed sometimes a small fine. 

"ROSCOE, Ill. (WIFR) - A 34-year-old faces child endangerment charges after an accidental shooting in Roscoe.

Police responded just after 1:30 p.m. Thursday Roscoe to the 10000 block of Bitterroot Road for reports of a juvenile with a gunshot wound.

During the investigation, police say they discovered a family member accidentally discharged a firearm inside of the residence hitting the minor in the leg.

Richard Heimer was arrested and the minor was taken to a nearby hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Authorities say the investigation is ongoing but have no further details to release at this time."

Which in Illinois 

In Illinois, child endangerment is typically charged as a Class A misdemeanor. A first offense can result in a jail sentence of up to 364 days and a fine of up to $2,500. The conviction may also include mandatory fees and costs. 

6 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I'm for real, but the folks that write and prosecute the laws might not be. I'm not certain why you think that is me. 

Our society generally punishes people for what actually happens, not what could have happened. Hurt someone while driving drunk is different than killing someone. Same principle here. 

Luckily is the key. We don't tell a drunk driver that luckily you didn't kill anyone but we're still going to charge you with manslaughter. Yes, the probability of this case getting the max is higher because of the location. 

Now if you are outraged that the punishment is so little I suggest voting for leaders who will toughen these laws. VP Dick Chaney accidentally shot someone and he didn't even apologize. 

I believe the punishment in addition to whatever damage the shooter caused should also be the automatic loss of your concealed carry license on the first and loss of all rights and automatic disposal of any weapons on the second. But in most states that will make convicting more of a challenge.