8/30 GAMETHREAD Gibson v. Cease

Timmy U

12 minutes ago, T R U said:

Why the f*** is Sosa bunting, AGAIN

The same Sosa that Grifol didn't want called up in the first place; I would assume that, despite being one of our hotter hitters, Grifol doesn't think much of him.

Yes, let's bring this clown back to manage another season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, T R U said:

How do you give someone an error on a ball they just whiffed on.

Thats like charging errors to people taking bad routes on balls.

Are you talking about the Anderson single that they gave the 2 base error to Mullins ? To me that's clearly an error. It was a single, he didn't dive and miss it which you can't give an error on. He just played a single into 3 bases . Clearly a 2 base error. If that's not what you are talking about ...nevermind !

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

Without that miserable first inning Cease wasn't bad today. Hopefully something clicked from the second inning on.

Agreed. Nice job by Dylan.

Can the bullpen protect a 5 run lead for 3 innings?

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are you talking about the Anderson single that they gave the 2 base error to Mullins ? To me that's clearly an error. It was a single, he didn't dive and miss it which you can't give an error on. He just played a single into 3 bases . Clearly a 2 base error. If that's not what you are talking about ...nevermind !

It is what I am talking about. You can put me in the group that thinks if you didn't touch the ball it shouldn't be an error.

9 minutes ago, T R U said:

It is what I am talking about. You can put me in the group that thinks if you didn't touch the ball it shouldn't be an error.

That's never how it's been though. Sun gets in your eyes or lights, bad hop, tricky deflections off side walls then back wall on balls hard hit in corners ,  no error. Letting a medium one hop get by you , you're either supposed to glove it or at least get your body in front of it. I think even Mullins would admit he misplayed it.

9 minutes ago, almagest said:

Colas with no chance there. He needs to figure out how to be effective against tougher lefties.

I think he's bailing out. It's not painfully obvious but he's terrible on pitches in the strike zone on the outer edge . Plus he doesn't have much of a stride I really dislike not having a stride be part of your timing and power mechanism. Has to be a transfer of weight from the back side to the front side.

• Like 1