9/20 vs. WSH: “There’s No Gamethread” Gamethread

Eminor3rd

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

We'll see if he starts the season OK next year or if the Sox screw around like with so many other guys "hoping" the injury situation gets better.

"With his season workload at 60 appearances and 6613 innings pitched, in high leverage opportunities including closer role responsibilities for the first time in his career, White Sox right-hander Gregory Santos is calling it a season.

The hard-throwing 24-year-old who was acquired in a minor trade last offseason after being designated for assignment by the Giants and ascended to ninth-inning duty with closer Liam Hendriks lost for most of the season, Santos was placed on the 15-day injured list with right elbow inflammation Wednesday.

Left-hander Garrett Crochet was returned from his rehab assignment with shoulder inflammation, taking Santos’ roster spot.

Santos’ previous high workload was 35 Triple-A innings in the Giants’ system. The Sox are not sure of the severity of the injury yet for a pitcher who figures prominently in the 2024 bullpen, if healthy."

Whenever Crochet comes back from a rehab assignment, I always have the same reaction...."Oh yeah, I forgot about him."

15 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

We'll see if he starts the season OK next year or if the Sox screw around like with so many other guys "hoping" the injury situation gets better.

"With his season workload at 60 appearances and 6613 innings pitched, in high leverage opportunities including closer role responsibilities for the first time in his career, White Sox right-hander Gregory Santos is calling it a season.

The hard-throwing 24-year-old who was acquired in a minor trade last offseason after being designated for assignment by the Giants and ascended to ninth-inning duty with closer Liam Hendriks lost for most of the season, Santos was placed on the 15-day injured list with right elbow inflammation Wednesday.

Left-hander Garrett Crochet was returned from his rehab assignment with shoulder inflammation, taking Santos’ roster spot.

Santos’ previous high workload was 35 Triple-A innings in the Giants’ system. The Sox are not sure of the severity of the injury yet for a pitcher who figures prominently in the 2024 bullpen, if healthy."

Well that sure sounds like Davis Martin.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Beni is short for 'mediocre ballplayer.' I'd rate him 4.5 out of 10.

I see Vaughn is up to .270. It's 'possible' if he can learn to elevate more he becomes an average to above average MLB hitter. I'd say right now the only Sox who have a moderately bright future with the team are: Robert, Clevinger, Vaughn. In the group of players who would shock me but have a 20 percent chance of being above average: Eloy, Kopech (can't believe I put Kopech). That's it folks. I've given up on Moncada and TA. Dump them. And clean house in the bullpen again. Get rid of all those folks.

I’d go with your first 3 but send Eloy packing, he’s not even a good DH and can’t play the outfield, Kopech Is a head case and should be traded, let some other team put up with his issues. 
I also think Benintendi will bounce back next year with a a healthy wrist, I’ve had golf related wrist injuries and they take quite a time to heal. 
Back to DH, I like how the Rays rotate just about the whole lineup with athletic type players at DH, of course they all can hit. That is the model the Sox should be looking at and I like what Getz said a couple weeks ago about the Sox needing to be more athletic which also means faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pcq said:

Is this the line for playoff tickets??

Sox are not even the top clown show in town.

Go Bears!!

Greenberg at The Athletic wrote the Bears are close to being "DEFCON White Sox". 😆

But when you have bad ownership that's what you get.

• Like 1