9/30- Sox vs Padres, 100 Losses!

flavum

Congrats Reinsdorf. You owe something to the fans. This season was an utter disgrace. The Chicago White Sox were unwatchable, thus 100 losses.

Somehow you have two big leaguers among your everyday players (Robert, Anderson) and you have one MLB pitcher among your everyday pitchers (Clevinger). Cease was a joke this season,. And you have nobody who would be considered an exceptional fielder. Maybe one in Robert.

You owe an apology to any fan who paid for tickets for five or more games. You should get them free parking passes at the minimum for next season.

The White Sox cannot play modern baseball, that is for sure. They won't draw walks at the plate. Their lift angle while trying to hit HRs every at bat is not acceptable. They do a nice job of waving at strike three in the dirt though. And their defense is abysmal.

Everyone involved with the organization deserves a grade of F. 100 losses. Wow.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Don't worry Grifol will be back next season despite losing 100 games!

Hiring him was a huge mistake, keeping him will be a bigger mistake. Is JR tanking the whole franchise in order to sell to buyers from another city? 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

Together, it’s an odd dynamic in which solemn pledges to improve are matched by vague details on how it all will be repaired after some of the worst baseball seen in this ballpark.

‘‘Wherever we end up, we end up,’’ Grifol said. ‘‘That’s not where we’re going to be next year, so I don’t get too caught up.’’--Grifol

🤡

41 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Please...just stop

Why, it's something I believe could happen based on my trust in the worst owner in baseball. Look what he's done, when he took over the area was about 50-50 with Cubs and Sox fans, now it's probably at 67-33 in favor of the Cubs. When was the last time we outdrew the Cubs, we couldn't outdraw them when we won it all in 2005 or in 2006 when you have the residual effect of a World Series Championship. Just about every move this man has made in his 42 years as owner has alienated the fan base from the departure of Harry Caray to  the Sportsvision fiasco to  building  a horrible monstrosity of a ball park to the White Flag trade and on and on including the franchise coming very close to moving to Florida. The minor league system is in complete shambles with pathetic scouting and coaching. We are the only franchise that doesn't use analytics with horrible coaches down through the years, IIHO the last really good hitting coach we had was Charlie Lau. Cooper was OK as a pitching coach but was no Ray Berres or Johnny Sain. When he finally sees that changes need to be made he gives us Chris Getz as the new GM who thinks its a good idea to keep the worst Sox manager in my lifetime in Grifol. I hate to think what the season ticket fan base will be the next few years.

Yes, I'm sorry but I can see this rat selling to people in another city, Chicago is on the decline while other cities in the Sun Belt are growing leaps and bounds, in another decade many cities will pass Chicago in population, as we speak Dallas and Houston are not that far behind Chicago. 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Why, it's something I believe could happen based on my trust in the worst owner in baseball. Look what he's done, when he took over the area was about 50-50 with Cubs and Sox fans, now it's probably at 67-33 in favor of the Cubs. When was the last time we outdrew the Cubs, we couldn't outdraw them when we won it all in 2005 or in 2006 when you have the residual effect of a World Series Championship. Just about every move this man has made in his 42 years as owner has alienated the fan base from the departure of Harry Caray to  the Sportsvision fiasco to  building  a horrible monstrosity of a ball park to the White Flag trade and on and on including the franchise coming very close to moving to Florida. The minor league system is in complete shambles with pathetic scouting and coaching. We are the only franchise that doesn't use analytics with horrible coaches down through the years, IIHO the last really good hitting coach we had was Charlie Lau. Cooper was OK as a pitching coach but was no Ray Berres or Johnny Sain. When he finally sees that changes need to be made he gives us Chris Getz as the new GM who thinks its a good idea to keep the worst Sox manager in my lifetime in Grifol. I hate to think what the season ticket fan base will be the next few years.

Yes, I'm sorry but I can see this rat selling to people in another city, Chicago is on the decline while other cities in the Sun Belt are growing leaps and bounds, in another decade many cities will pass Chicago in population, as we speak Dallas and Houston are not that far behind Chicago. 

He is not going to deliberately destroy the value of his franchise (which is what you wrote) in the hope he can sell it to Montreal, Salt Lake City or Portland.

Please...just stop.

He's keeping the team until he dies, Period. Full stop.

His family will then sell it as per his wishes/instructions.

11 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He is not going to deliberately destroy the value of his franchise (which is what you wrote) in the hope he can sell it to Montreal, Salt Lake City or Portland.

Please...just stop.

He's certainly not doing anything to increase the value of the franchise. So if his family takes over when he dies then they will probably sell to owners from a another city, if he lives another 7 or 8  years Chicago will probably  be 75-25 Cubs fans. After 42 years of his ownership and living in Florida for 30 years and what we saw with the team this year, I'm so very very close to not giving a damn if they move. I didn't think I'd ever say that but that's what his ownership has done to me.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Please...just stop.

I get the feeling this guy is going to live to be 100.

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Please...just stop.

I agree he's not trying to deliberately ruin the franchise. This season's ineptitude came out of nowhere. However going .500 under Tony ... he should have hired somebody like Maddon, not somebody from the Royals who the Royals bypassed for the job. I mean that was a HUGE warning sign there. Sox need to go back to an elder manager even tho Tony didn't work out. 

Why can't they do some things that are positive? That Burger trade was ridiculous. Nobody can defend that one effectively. I think they will acquire Salvy after the World Series and that will be the start of their rejuvenation (in their minds). I'm assuming Beni is another player who cares so they'll have Salvy and Beni changing the attitude. They'll get rid of TA in their one blockbuster and believe it or not keep Elvis around in case they can't find somebody decent to replace TA. Elvis wound up hitting .250 and he'll be the emergency candidate at SS if TA is shipped. Elvis also has a good attitude allegedly. So Salvy, Beni and Elvis will try to awaken Robert's full potential and help out Vaughn and Sheets and that new catcher we got who can't hit, as well who can sub for Salvy at times.

In conclusion as much as I'd love Jerry to sell the team for some reason he wants to be the scorn of Chicago and keep the club. The goodwill of 2005 is gone unfortunately because of this terrible season to go with last season's Tony debacle.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I hate to think what the season ticket fan base will be the next few years.

The Sox should be pleased with attendance this season. Our fans shock me. They haven't resembled A's fans yet. They still come out. Did we really have 30,000 last night? That's incredible. The fact the Sox haven't publicly gushed about their loyal fans and done something for them the last week of the season (they could have had free parking or free food) astounds me. To those of u who went to two or more games (up to 40 or so) I appreciate your loyalty. Good job.

I'm kind of sad I haven't watched a game since about Aug. 8. I have watched some highlights on my mlb game summary package. My mlb is run out after today's game and I doubt I'll renew. No interest in watching anything but highlights. 

Edited by greg775

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I agree he's not trying to deliberately ruin the franchise. This season's ineptitude came out of nowhere. However going .500 under Tony ... he should have hired somebody like Maddon, not somebody from the Royals who the Royals bypassed for the job. I mean that was a HUGE warning sign there. Sox need to go back to an elder manager even tho Tony didn't work out. 

Why can't they do some things that are positive? That Burger trade was ridiculous. Nobody can defend that one effectively. I think they will acquire Salvy after the World Series and that will be the start of their rejuvenation (in their minds). I'm assuming Beni is another player who cares so they'll have Salvy and Beni changing the attitude. They'll get rid of TA in their one blockbuster and believe it or not keep Elvis around in case they can't find somebody decent to replace TA. Elvis wound up hitting .250 and he'll be the emergency candidate at SS if TA is shipped. Elvis also has a good attitude allegedly. So Salvy, Beni and Elvis will try to awaken Robert's full potential and help out Vaughn and Sheets and that new catcher we got who can't hit, as well who can sub for Salvy at times.

In conclusion as much as I'd love Jerry to sell the team for some reason he wants to be the scorn of Chicago and keep the club. The goodwill of 2005 is gone unfortunately because of this terrible season to go with last season's Tony debacle.

Last season was a warning sign there were problems and actually it goes back to after the All Star break in 2021 as they only played .500 ball in the second half and then failed horribly in the playoffs against the Astros, hiring TLR was a huge mistake and then they went from bad to worse  with hiring Grifol. 

Yes the Burger trade was rediculous but I'm really happy for Jake as the Marlins made the playoffs and at the same time beat out the Flubs for a Wild Card spot. 

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

The Sox should be pleased with attendance this season. Our fans shock me. They haven't resembled A's fans yet. They still come out. Did we really have 30,000 last night? That's incredible. The fact the Sox haven't publicly gushed about their loyal fans and done something for them the last week of the season (they could have had free parking or free food) astounds me. To those of u who went to two or more games (up to 40 or so) I appreciate your loyalty. Good job.

I'm kind of sad I haven't watched a game since about Aug. 8. I have watched some highlights on my mlb game summary package. My mlb is run out after today's game and I doubt I'll renew. No interest in watching anything but highlights. 

People came out for this giveaway. It was a sunk cost of tickets already purchased.

La-Catrina-Bobblehead.ashx

If scumbag Clevinger wasn't pitching, I would have considered going to pick one up for the young nephews who like the Disney film Coco. Bringing them a Luis Robert Jr. bobblehead each, hoping to get them to like the Sox vs. their Cubs fan father, or the A's if they move to Vegas.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

4 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

He's certainly not doing anything to increase the value of the franchise. So if his family takes over when he dies then they will probably sell to owners from a another city, if he lives another 7 or 8  years Chicago will probably  be 75-25 Cubs fans. After 42 years of his ownership and living in Florida for 30 years and what we saw with the team this year, I'm so very very close to not giving a damn if they move. I didn't think I'd ever say that but that's what his ownership has done to me.

He literally has to do nothing. Let the media deals keep accelerating the increased valuation of the clubs.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 11:53 AM, The Mighty Mite said:

Portland is a much bigger market. Nashville too.