Muncy back with Dodgers...

Lip Man 1

Some talk among some of the talking heads this may be a guy the Sox should look to.

Not happening.

Resigned with the Dodgers today, two years, 24 million.

I just have a feeling the Sox free agent possibilities are going to be very slim pickings. 

This is just an awful situation, just brutal across the board in all areas.

How quickly everything went downhill and completely fell apart. Truly remarkable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Some talk among some of the talking heads this may be a guy the Sox should look to.

Not happening.

I just have a feeling the Sox free agent possibilities are going to be very slim pickings. 

How quickly everything went downhill and completely fell apart. Truly remarkable. 

He had an option for $14M so was unlikely to be a free agent anyway. Good move lower the AAV for luxury tax purposes.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Not happening.

Meanwhile, the much cheaper Muncy errr Jake Burger will be in Miami in his last Pre-arbitration season.

Good players tend to want to play for winning teams that want them back....generally tend to come off the board quite quickly.

Probably quite a few thought he would be closer to one year $9-12 million at his career stage.

4 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Sox did make 4 roster moves today 😄

11/02/23 RHP José Ureña elected free agency.

11/02/23 SS Elvis Andrus elected free agency.

11/02/23 RHP Bryan Shaw elected free agency.

11/02/23 C Yasmani Grandal elected free agency.

Did Grandal have any other choice than straight to retirement?

Edited by caulfield12

39 minutes ago, JoeC said:

That's 150 innings we won't get back....

I want him back. Much ado about lack of leadership in the bullpen early last year. This dude then comes in and pitches in every game the last 2 months. At least has to be difficult for Kopech to complain about a hangnail when he turns around and sees Shaw behind him. 

7 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I want him back. Much ado about lack of leadership in the bullpen early last year. This dude then comes in and pitches in every game the last 2 months. At least has to be difficult for Kopech to complain about a hangnail when he turns around and sees Shaw behind him. 

I do too.

Just poking fun at our complete overreliance on him last year. Fucking guy would throw 100+ innings out of the 'pen, easily.