Bummer to ATL

Nokona

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For what we are getting out of our 2B, we could have been paying minimum wage to Remilard or Sosa and gotten the same thing.

Both Remillard and Sosa were in the mix for the 2B job, I assume, and they didn't step up. 

49 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I just don't think Aaron Bummer and the almost $7 million he was owed was going to get you anything. And the Sox really had no reason to pay someone of his ilk $7 million because unless something crazy happened, they were going to buy him out. A recurring theme with all of Rick Hahn's extensions. 

He got us negative anything. I think he could have gotten us nothing, and off the 40 man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldsox said:

I've said this before, but last season Sox would often bring Bummer in with the game on the line and a left-handed hitter up. He would invariably walk that first guy, and then he has to face the next two righties, and Boom.

This is 100% accurate, why I am soooo glad Bummer is gone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He stepped up and sucked.

Aaron Bummer has pitched 12 innings this year and he still sucks, yes the Sox got garbage back but at least they can be considered filler by eating up innings and playing in the field regardless if Nicky Lopez ever gets a RBI.  The 5 players combined have logged a lot of innings compared to Bummers 12 and are nothing more than filler until the farm arrives or JR opens his purse for some better players.  Until then I'll take 5 fillers over Bummer any day.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/19/2023 at 5:59 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Spoke with a consultant to the Bulls earlier in the year, and had to laugh at some of the dumbass s%*# going on there.

Cubs have the best chance to do something this decade. Hawks have better ownership at this stage, but their FO is untested and it will take at least 3-4 years to build a SC capable core if they do most things right from here on out.

The Bears, Bulls and Sox need new ownership groups for any possible future success (completely new, not kids inheriting and keeping).

I never liked him when he was with the Cubs but you have to feel sorry for Len Casper and his dream of calling a World Series game.  Not sure if doing Cubs radio was an option before he choose the Sox, but he misplayed that BIG TIME as the Cubs are on the right track back to the World series while the Sox are going nowhere fast.  

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp

18 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I never liked him when he was with the Cubs but you have to feel sorry for Len Casper and his dream of calling a World Series game.  Not sure if doing Cubs radio was an option before he choose the Sox, but he misplayed that BIG TIME as the Cubs are on the right track back to the World series while the Sox are going nowhere fast.  

The Cubs still have miles to go before any World Series...but are certainly much closer and more fun to watch/follow.

32 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Aaron Bummer has pitched 12 innings this year and he still sucks, yes the Sox got garbage back but at least they can be considered filler by eating up innings and playing in the field regardless if Nicky Lopez ever gets a RBI.  The 5 players combined have logged a lot of innings compared to Bummers 12 and are nothing more than filler until the farm arrives or JR opens his purse for some better players.  Until then I'll take 5 fillers over Bummer any day.

They can’t be considered filler because they are playing worse than filler.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Both Remillard and Sosa were in the mix for the 2B job, I assume, and they didn't step up. 

Sosa outhit both Lopez and Remillard in Spring Training.  Not sure who fared the best on defense.  But let’s not pretend there was ever a completion in ST for 2B.  The minute Getz stupidly acquired Lopez and then stupidly gave him $4.3 million was when Nick “I can’t hit a lick” Lopez locked up the job.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Fire 1