10 for your personal Hall of Shame

wegner

Hat tip to @dohnutfor the idea to help us forget this group of current losers by remembering past losers.

List 10 White Sox players who you personally disliked the most. I will start with the 10 guys who popped quickly into my head and I am sure that I have missed some good ones so I look forward to other Soxtalker's Lists.

Mine, in no particular order:

Brett Lawrie

Jeff Samardzija

Joey Cora

Nick Swisher

Royce Clayton

Rob Dibble

Kevin Youkilis

Billy Koch

David Wells

Jamie Navarro

Sorry to make it 11 but I remembered who I hated most recently and didn't want to remove any of the deserving above....AJ Pollock

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Hat tip to @dohnutfor the idea to help us forget this group of current losers by remembering past losers.

List 10 White Sox players who you personally disliked the most. I will start with the 10 guys who popped quickly into my head and I am sure that I have missed some good ones so I look forward to other Soxtalker's Lists.

Mine, in no particular order:

Brett Lawrie

Jeff Samardzija

Joey Cora

Nick Swisher

Royce Clayton

Rob Dibble

Kevin Youkilis

Billy Koch

David Wells

Jamie Navarro

Sorry to make it 11 but I remembered who I hated most recently and didn't want to remove any of the deserving above....AJ Pollock

A lot of these names are deserving but what did the Greek God of Walks do to you? Orland Hudson, acquired in the same season, is probably more deserving ha

Edited by Bob Sacamano

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

A lot of these names are deserving but what did the Greek God of Walks do to you? Orland Hudson, acquired in the same season, is probably more deserving ha

He sucked as a White Sox and for that season much like Cookie Monster.....that's good enough for me. Plus every interview I saw with him as a White Sox player, he was a colossal prick. But that's just me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

He sucked as a White Sox and for that season much like Cookie Monster.....that's good enough for me. Plus every interview I saw with him as a White Sox player, he was a colossal prick. But that's just me. 

Idr the prick stuff but he did hit 15 homers with a .346 OBP. Decent pickup for Brent Lillibridge and Zach Stewart.

I tried to do this organically. Navarro just sucked, replacing Alex Fernandez. Kemp, for being traded for Lemon. Wells and Kruk could have kept their mouths shut, leaving. Viciedo and Avisail for all the unfulfilled prospect. Beckham was just a sad sack. Ritchie fell off a table, and LaRoche could really just suck it. 

Jaime Navarro

Todd Ritchie

Steve Kemp

David Wells

Nick Swisher

John Kruk

Dayan Viciedo

Adam LaRoche

Avisail Garcia

Gordon Beckham

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I tried to do this organically. Navarro just sucked, replacing Alex Fernandez. Kemp, for being traded for Lemon. Wells and Kruk could have kept their mouths shut, leaving. Viciedo and Avisail for all the unfulfilled prospect. Beckham was just a sad sack. Ritchie fell off a table, and LaRoche could really just suck it. 

Jaime Navarro

Todd Ritchie

Steve Kemp

David Wells

Nick Swisher

John Kruk

Dayan Viciedo

Adam LaRoche

Avisail Garcia

Gordon Beckham

I maybe should have just automatically included Wells and Swisher on a master list and had people name 8 more. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

White Sox Hall of Shame (1975-2023)

Alphabetical order

• Daryl Boston
  • Brooks Boyer
  • Mike Clevinger
  • Eddie Einhorn
  • Ozzie Guillen
  • Dallas Keuchel
  • Tony La Russa
  • Lance Lynn
  • Jerry Reinsdorf
  • David Wells

Clevenger and Guillen involved chewing tobacco. Ozzie pulled spent tobacco out of his mouth and threw it at a mother and daughter respectfully asking for an autograph. I witnessed this personally pregame working as an Andy Frain at the Crosstown Classic at Wrigley Field on May 19, 1986. I was only a junior in high school but wanted to jump into the first base dugout where I was stationed during batting / fielding practice and beat his ass.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

I've done a decent job of erasing so many shitty players from memory that it was hard to come up with 10, but off the top of my head:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I've done a decent job of erasing so many shitty players from memory that it was hard to come up with 10, but off the top of my head:

shark.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I feel like posters have to include ages for context ha I literally don’t know who this is so he wouldn’t be on my list:

I believe his nickname was The Road Runner? I seem to remember Harry or Jimmy saying meep meep when he ran down the 1B line. Anyway, I saw in his obituary from 2020 that he was a 5 tool OF!!

I will just add 1 player who should be on there. Yonder Alonso. 

Signed for 2 years and 9 million dollars so we could entice his brother in law to the team. He had positive WAR all prior years and had over 20 HRs in his last 3 full seasons. He proceeded to hit .178, have a -1.5 WAR in only 67 games with a whopping 7 HRs. He was out of baseball the next year. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

lol Wegner you are one of the best but Joey Cora was so good in his brief time with the Sox!  Lol he was exactly what they needed 

Every game I attended in person with Joey Cora in a White Sox uniform....every one....he did something either stupid or made an error at a key time in the game or failed miserably at the plate.  I'm more of a Durham/Iguchi/Bernazard guy myself. Also loved Jorge Orta.

But I will not argue with you that I am one of the best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3