Orioles Acquire Corbin Burnes for Ortiz/Hall/34th Pick

DirtySox

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

This is an amazing class....  Wheeler, Burnes, Fried, Bieber, Buehler, tons of depth guys, some high risk/reward guys.  Potential Cole opt out.  This has to be one of the best SP classes in years right? What am i missing.

We’re talking about guys like this on non-contenders.  Unlikely most of those names will on the block come July, which is good for a Cease market.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We’re talking about guys like this on non-contenders.  Unlikely most of those names will on the block come July, which is good for a Cease market.

Oh I thought he was talking about guys available in FA, not available at the deadline due to their incoming FA.. My bad

• Like 2

Padres will look to move Darvish or Musgrove for roughly seventy-five to  eighty cents on the dollar if they're out of the WC race this year at the trade deadline...or perhaps newly-acquired Michael King. depending upon how he pitches.

Or Preller could just as easily make one last desperation push for Cease to try to save his job.