I love the White Sox team this year! I'm excited to be a fan of it.

vilehoopster

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Because they are all new at the job and let's see what the results are.

Again, I realize most people here are very impatient and are automatically going to not like anything that happens.

I'm going to wait for the results and base my judgemental on that instead of going with the "well it's the White Sox so everything they do sucks."

Just because you disagree with it doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. It very well could be but I'm willing to wait for the results before condemning everyone. 

Results like a team the GM thought was competitive in a weak division that spent a season at each others throats, where basically everyone underperformed, where they were sloppy and unfocused, and where they lost 101 games?

Tell me how I shouldn’t judge Grifol based on his team’s underperformance last year. They had the talent of a 75 win team. Fine, this wasn’t where they wanted to be, but they played like a 67 win team in the first half, so bad that they had to trade people away. Multiple veterans ripped them after they left, all the way to literally yesterday.

How many seasons do we have to wait for before judging him? In spring 2025 do we have to hear that we can’t judge the coach until we see the results? 26? 27? Is Grifol still someone we are waiting on in 2028? 2029? Maybe he gets better in season 8, after all it’s unfair to judge any coach based on their first 7 seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Results like a team the GM thought was competitive in a weak division that spent a season at each others throats, where basically everyone underperformed, where they were sloppy and unfocused, and where they lost 101 games?

Tell me how I shouldn’t judge Grifol based on his team’s underperformance last year. They had the talent of a 75 win team. Fine, this wasn’t where they wanted to be, but they played like a 67 win team in the first half, so bad that they had to trade people away. Multiple veterans ripped them after they left, all the way to literally yesterday.

How many seasons do we have to wait for before judging him? In spring 2025 do we have to hear that we can’t judge the coach until we see the results? 26? 27? Is Grifol still someone we are waiting on in 2028? 2029? Maybe he gets better in season 8, after all it’s unfair to judge any coach based on their first 7 seasons.

At the rate they’re going, it’s going to take at least three more seasons to get back to .500 barring a minor miracle.

Yet that would mean five full seasons passing while withholding a fair assessment based on lack of talent to compete with.  At the very least, four.

• Hawk 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

You definitely can judge him by last year. It wasn't good. I said earlier I'm willing to to give him another chance as it was his first year and I want to see if he learned anything and shows he learned from it. Since this is a "retooling" they aren't going to do much anyway.lets see if he can be better and possibly be good going forward. 

Edited by ptatc

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

At the rate they’re going, it’s going to take at least three more seasons to get back to .500 barring a minor miracle.

Yet that would mean five full seasons passing while withholding a fair assessment based on lack of talent to compete with.  At the very least, four.

Results can be measured by more things than wins. How he handles the clubhouse with his veterans, his teaching of the game, his input on game descions, how he handles the coaches.

I know many people are only concerned with wins bit there are many other aspects to the game that can tell you if he is going in the right direction.

3 hours ago, Falstaff said:

Another reason to get excited for 2024 is John Schriffen. Friday was a bit rough but yesterday was better. Yes sir I am onboard with Stoney & Schriffen. 

I used to watch them for results on the field and not in the broadcast booth. That hasn't changed and one reason I won't be watching them this year! I don't have the time or the patience regarding Reindorf's team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ptatc said:

Results can be measured by more things than wins. How he handles the clubhouse with his veterans, his teaching of the game, his input on game descions, how he handles the coaches.

I know many people are only concerned with wins bit there are many other aspects to the game that can tell you if he is going in the right direction.

And if we’re only going off of actual results, which is what you seem to be basing your entire argument around…the clubhouse was a disaster last year, they were fundamentally flawed and there was nearly zero player improvement, the team regressed in almost every way. 

And you have the balls to call Sox fans “impatient?” They haven’t won a playoff series in 18 years. They play in BY FAR the largest market in the AL Central, yet are the only team in the division that hasn’t won a playoff series in that long. And Sox fans are impatient? 

Respectfully, get fucked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tony said:

And if we’re only going off of actual results, which is what you seem to be basing your entire argument around…the clubhouse was a disaster last year, they were fundamentally flawed and there was nearly zero player improvement, the team regressed in almost every way. 

And you have the balls to call Sox fans “impatient?” They haven’t won a playoff series in 18 years. They play in BY FAR the largest market in the AL Central, yet are the only team in the division that hasn’t won a playoff series in that long. And Sox fans are impatient? 

Respectfully, get fucked. 

Thank you,  I appreciate the sentiment. That's pretty aggressive language when answering someone's opinion. And obviously you have no respect for me so that Wil be the end of it.

I'm am willing to give the new FO a chance, you are under no obligation to.

• TLR 1

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Thank you,  I appreciate the sentiment. That's pretty aggressive language when answering someone's opinion. And obviously you have no respect for me so that Wil be the end of it.

I'm am willing to give the new FO a chance, you are under no obligation to.

You insulted “most” of the people here. I insulted you. I’d say your statement was worse. 

But my all means, hide behind your feelings getting hurt than actually addressing the failures of the White Sox and this franchise that “deserves the benefit of the doubt”

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Besides being a lousy manager the guy is a big jerk.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2