3/6 Dodgers @ Sox

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Don't know if it's the new stance or what, but he's a different hitter this spring. 

The stance is better. I really don't know what he was trying being that wide open. It clearly wasn't helping him see the ball or pull it better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Was just watching Freeman hit against Touki and thinking Touki is just the kind of guy Freeman should crush but he swung through 2 pitches. Starting thinking maybe he'll make one of those 7 out of 10 outs .300 hitters make. Count went to 3-2 then he hit a granny 🤣

SoxMachine had an article over the winter about how both Scholtens and Touki had an incredible amount of luck. Neither had swing and miss stuff. Maybe Touki caught lightning in a bottle. But then it got out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

Andrew "Ineffectual" Vaughn

Somebody posted a video of Konerko meeting Vaughn on Twitter in the cage for a talk. Looked like Konerko was asking him about different parts of his set-up and scolding him for them. I'll look for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

SoxMachine had an article over the winter about how both Scholtens and Touki had an incredible amount of luck. Neither had swing and miss stuff. Maybe Touki caught lightning in a bottle. But then it got out. 

He isn’t making this roster 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Somebody posted a video of Konerko meeting Vaughn on Twitter in the cage for a talk. Looked like Konerko was asking him about different parts of his set-up and scolding him for them. I'll look for it. 

I'd imagine Kong made Vaughn look like a little person. Andrew is not tall, and he's not particularly thick either. Get him on the "vitamins".

• Like 3

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd imagine Kong made Vaughn look like a little person. Andrew is not tall, and he's not particularly thick either. Get him on the "vitamins".

Yep, next time you draft a first baseman that high, make sure there’s room for physical growth (or you know, don’t take a first baseman that high)

• Like 2

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Get him on the clear and cream..although AV with a giant cranium is a disturbing thought.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's like a man and a high school kid. At the end, Konerko asks Vaughn what year he's in. Then Konerko tells him, yeah, this is your make or break year, basically. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Why did he put Touki out for the next inning? Is he trying to get him on the 60-day IL so he doesn't have to cut him?

Spring training. Scheduled to throw a certain amount of pitches. Beni just dropped a high fly deep into to LF corner.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Hello Eloy!

Also, Schiffen's home run call needs work. A lot of work.

Sounded like the MC at a strip club trying a little too hard to rustle up applause. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Touki has no options left, bad timing to be brutal in Spring Training. Hopefully he can clear waivers and possibly work things out in Charlotte.

This bullpen would work on OD:

• RHP
    • P. Berroa (24)
    • J. Chavez (40)
    • D. Garcia (25)
    • J. Leasure (25)
    • D. Leone (32)
  • LHP 
    • T. Banks (32)
    • T. Hill (34)
    • S. Peralta (26)
  • AAA