Under what scenario would you consider offering Crochet and/or Kopech extensions?

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Dude seemed to pitch a full reliever's role in 2021. Had TJS in 2022. Inflammation when returning from TJS in 2023. Not quite Eloy Jimenez.  For somebody who loves typing that sentence so much, you don't seem to have much to expand on. 

Yeah, no.  Your facts are wrong.  Do better. Even a Google search can fix this ignorance. 

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Of course all those AL Central teams would love to take Crochet off the Sox hands...at a 50% discount to boot.

Everyone in baseball knows the White Sox are scared to death of taking a risk.

They're never going to be out there with a pitcher like Brandon Woodruff, betting on their own player.

It's always going to be Jeremy Haber's little calculator spitting out an adverse number.

The White Sox can look across the landscape of baseball and watch Rodon, Lopez, Sale, Cease...yet still smile about not making an attempt to keep Gio, not keeping Anderson, not keeping Abreu.  Look at us! We avoided another John Danks!

They keep attempting to win the fiscal responsibility championship.

Yay.

Except they still are getting out-executed by the Guardians, Twins, Royals and even Tigers.

Do they give out awards for teams signing players like TA and Abreu to contracts they'll never come close to matching the value on? I'm sure you guys would be total JR-ophiles if they were paying Tim Anderson $20 million a year for his BS for the next 7 years. As bad as AV is this year, he's Mickey Mantle compared to Jose Abreu's production this year. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, no.  Your facts are wrong.  Do better. Even a Google search can fix this ignorance. 

I did Google search. Beyond a bad back in 2021, that's it. Maybe you know about some halitosis, or something?

Edited by WestEddy

8 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I did Google search. Beyond a bad back in 2021, that's it. Maybe you know about some halitosis, or something?

I guess you really aren't much of a fan if you can't remember the playoffs for starters.

• Haha 1

Here's Crochet's injury history:

10/01/2020 - flexor strain
04/26/2021 - blister
04/29/2021 - back strain
03/21/2022 - UCL tear - TJS
06/20/2023 - Inflammation
07/21/2023 - Inflammation

So, had a flexor strain during the 2020 playoffs. I don't remember any injury and couldn't find anything about an injury in the 2021 playoffs. He tore his UCL, had Tommy John, experienced inflammation in his return, and is now fully healthy. He's not leaving games early, grabbing his arm, complaining about soreness or whatnot. 

He seems to be a normal pitcher who returned from TJS, and is now healthy, not really different from any other pitcher. Again, I think y'all are picking on anything to rail against. Crochet moving to the rotation looks like a success. Now, all they need to do is build up his innings. 

He also had an arm injury in 2020 in college that he sat out for as well as missing time in 2019 due to injury.  That's 5 straight seasons right there.  This is a guy who had barely broken 200 innings going back to 2018.  While the gaslighting is cute, the facts show otherwise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He also had an arm injury in 2020 in college that he sat out for as well as missing time in 2019 due to injury.  That's 5 straight seasons right there.  This is a guy who had barely broken 200 innings going back to 2018.  While the gaslighting is cute, the facts show otherwise. 

And Crochet appears to be fully healthy, now. The petulant need to get the last word is cute, too. 

If Crochet is as injury-prone as you believe, any prolonged use would result in an injury. He's even stated that the irregular use in the bullpen put more strain on his arm than starting. They might as well treat him like a regular pitcher coming off of TJS, and try to build up value. 

8 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And Crochet appears to be fully healthy, now. The petulant need to get the last word is cute, too. 

If Crochet is as injury-prone as you believe, any prolonged use would result in an injury. He's even stated that the irregular use in the bullpen put more strain on his arm than starting. They might as well treat him like a regular pitcher coming off of TJS, and try to build up value. 

Maybe one of these days will you not only grasp "facts", but maybe self awareness too.  If you don't want replies, stop replying and run along.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Maybe one of these days will you not only grasp "facts", but maybe self awareness too.  If you don't want replies, stop replying and run along.

Again, good talk, bro. 

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think Kopech gets dealt and they'll listen on Crochet.  

Assuming kopech continues to look like a middle of the road closer (still a decent commodity on his salary) and crochet a front end starter yes, absolutely. We need to be turning today's 50 cents into tmr's dollars and build depth throughout the org at every level.  We do have an advantage not trying to win in 2024 (and realistically 2025) when it comes to these trades, so take advantage of it as future assets will be discounted by contenders.

Nightengale said the Sox are likely to trade Kopech in addition to Fedde, Flexen, Clevinger, Eloy, & Pham.  I seriously doubt teams will be after Crochet at the deadline given the likelihood he will wear down and/or need to be shut down.

I think Kopech’s time with the org is quickly coming to a close and they probably feel he’s too much of a head case to even consider an extension.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Our old offseason friends the Orioles are having closer issues. How bout Kopech for Beavers straight up?

Don't you put that evil on us, Ricky Bobby.  Do you not remember the last time people mentioned the Orioles and all the sewer lurkers that came along with it?

Kopech goes to whoever wants him, take the best offer

Crochet, I would definitely trade him, just too many question marks for me right now.  I think he gets you a better offer next year than right now though.  Nobody knows how long his arm can handle the load of an MLB SP.

If someone just blows you away for him, you take it and run

19 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I 100% agree. Kopeck is good as gone with how valuable relievers are at the deadline.

Oh yeah. They're open for business.  Everyone is on the trade block Crochet and Robert included.  That doesn't mean they're going to trade them at the deadline but unlike during the off season they're willing to listen to offers.