4/5 Games!!

BamaDoc

2 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Drew Thorpe looks good and I really like him. I think i am just always gonna worry if he is more of a Kyle Hendricks type with that fastball only at 91 mph

Not sure why that is a worry. An all star front line pitcher would be pretty nice.

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is the kind of analysis I have come to expect.

All of you comments are to try and draw me into an argument where you will ban me again for absolutely no reason whatsoever, just like the last one where I was once again proven right by the facts. Just like I was proven right in the Jake Burger argument the time before that. 

I have no time for trolling behavior. Any comment you make to me I will either ignore or just respond with emojis or gifs.

You provide literally no value to any discussion on this board other than to provoke, antagonize, and harass posters.

Please do not interact with me, if you feel you must, again, I will respond with emojis, gifs, or ignore you.

10 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Sammy Zavala 3-4. Good night for the Cease trade. Iriarte goes tomorrow.

I’m no Getz apologist but the haters are sure quiet about this one so far and very focused on the Fletcher trade. At the big league level, Steven Wilson is looking very good so far too and looks to be very flippable in a few months for additional prospects to effectively add to the Cease haul.

10 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

All of you comments are to try and draw me into an argument where you will ban me again for absolutely no reason whatsoever, just like the last one where I was once again proven right by the facts. Just like I was proven right in the Jake Burger argument the time before that. 

I have no time for trolling behavior. Any comment you make to me I will either ignore or just respond with emojis or gifs.

You provide literally no value to any discussion on this board other than to provoke, antagonize, and harass posters.

Please do not interact with me, if you feel you must, again, I will respond with emojis, gifs, or ignore you.

You called a pitcher becoming Kyle Hendriks a worry, and another prospect a problem because he was too short and I am trolling?  You might be too fragile for this.  

13 hours ago, DirtySox said:

8 strikeouts for Thorpe. I love a good changeup.

It will work if he throws strikes with it and paints corners while the hitters flail away. . But if it’s just going into the dirt, it won’t work in the majors.

Just now, GreenSox said:

It will work if he throws strikes with it and paints corners while the hitters flail away. . But if it’s just going into the dirt, it won’t work in the majors.

He was throwing it up, down, right down the middle... the deception on his change isn't really its movement, it's the change of speeds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

You called a pitcher becoming Kyle Hendriks a worry, and another prospect a problem because he was too short and I am trolling?  You might be too fragile for this.  

Absolutely bc facts and stats back it up. You are delusional in thinking otherwise 

Count how many good 5'8" or shorter players there are in the bigs.  Probably comes to like 1%. 

Is Mogollon in that 1%.  Odds say absolutely not. If you can't handle statistics then shut it. 

In fact odds say he won't ever make the bigs and that's probably a fact. 

As for a Kyle Hendricks career, that would be terrible for Thorpe

Hendricks has had at best 5 good seasons. After that he has been beyond rostererable. If that's all you want out of Thorpe, again you are delusional.  

I want Thorpe to have 10+ years of being good. Not sure why you think just 5 then dfa would be a win. 

In order for success to be sustained at the big league level he will need to add velo, hence my concern 

18 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Absolutely bc facts and stats back it up. You are delusional in thinking otherwise 

Count how many good 5'8" or shorter players there are in the bigs.  Probably comes to like 1%. 

Is Mogollon in that 1%.  Odds say absolutely not. If you can't handle statistics then shut it. 

In fact odds say he won't ever make the bigs and that's probably a fact. 

As for a Kyle Hendricks career, that would be terrible for Thorpe

Hendricks has had at best 5 good seasons. After that he has been beyond rostererable. If that's all you want out of Thorpe, again you are delusional.  

I want Thorpe to have 10+ years of being good. Not sure why you think just 5 then dfa would be a win. 

In order for success to be sustained at the big league level he will need to add velo, hence my concern 

11 year career.  119 career ERA+, 3.53 era. 2 full seasons with an era over 4, and 3 with an ERA+ under 100. We should be so lucky.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

11 year career.  119 career ERA+, 3.53 era. 2 full seasons with an era over 4, and 3 with an ERA+ under 100. We should be so lucky.

North side of 30 for Hendricks is trash 

ERA of 4.56

Would give Thorpe 4-5 good years and then the rest trash.  Which is my point.  

For prolonged/sustained success he will need to add velocity which proves my worry 

4 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

North side of 30 for Hendricks is trash 

ERA of 4.56

Would give Thorpe 4-5 good years and then the rest trash.  Which is my point.  

For prolonged/sustained success he will need to add velocity which proves my worry 

4-5 good years before age 30 is the definition of sustained success in 2024.

Having a 20% above average ERA for your non-"prolonged" career, including 7 of 10 + 100 era+ seasons is getting all of the controlling years of a $15m/yr SP (2nd or 3rd rotation slot) for minimum and arbitration prices.  

For the Sox that means getting all of their good and cheap years before they become a free agent or get traded.  He will most likely be long gone before your theoretical collapse.

While you always hope for Hall of famers, if you get that out of Thorpe, that's a win for the Sox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1