Gamethread (4/6)

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fletcher in CF and Sosa at 2B.  Two of my asks already being met!

It’s an improvement.  Fletcher has been wretched but you have to see what he can do at some point.  26 and not getting any younger.  I also hope things finally click for Sosa in the majors.  Would love to not have to watch one of DeJong/Lopez the rest of the season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s an improvement.  Fletcher has been wretched but you have to see what he can do at some point.  26 and not getting any younger.  I also hope things finally click for Sosa in the majors.  Would love to not have to watch one of DeJong/Lopez the rest of the season.

I will continue to say it’s way too earlier to make any call on Fletcher, but he greatly improves his floor if he can play a solid CF.

Pick your lineup, current starting nine vs. the 2018 rebuilding White Sox:

• 1B: Vaughn | Abreu
  • 2B: Lopez | Moncada
  • SS: DeJong | Anderson
  • 3B: Moncada | Sanchez
  • LF: Benintendi | Palka
  • CF: Fletcher | Engel
  • RF: Pillar | A. Garcia
  • DH: Sheets | Davidson
  • CA: Maldonado | Narvaez

I go 2018 lineup easily as they had six guys hit 17 or more HRs plus some nice offense out of the catcher spot.  What’s wild if Robert & Eloy miss enough time it’s within the realm of possibility we don’t have a single player hit 17 bombs this year.  I’m guessing that Vaughn will and possibly Moncada, but after that it’s very unlikely anyone even sniffs 15 unless DeJong plays the whole season.

37 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Pick your lineup, current starting nine vs. the 2018 rebuilding White Sox:

• 1B: Vaughn | Abreu
  • 2B: Lopez | Moncada
  • SS: DeJong | Anderson
  • 3B: Moncada | Sanchez
  • LF: Benintendi | Palka
  • CF: Fletcher | Engel
  • RF: Pillar | A. Garcia
  • DH: Sheets | Davidson
  • CA: Maldonado | Narvaez

I go 2018 lineup easily as they had six guys hit 17 or more HRs plus some nice offense out of the catcher spot.  What’s wild if Robert & Eloy miss enough time it’s within the realm of possibility we don’t have a single player hit 17 bombs this year.  I’m guessing that Vaughn will and possibly Moncada, but after that it’s very unlikely anyone even sniffs 15 unless DeJong plays the whole season.

Plus Palka was a lot of fun while his moment in the sun ever so briefly shined bright.

• Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

These guys already look like they are playing out the string. 

Has a feel of the last day of the season with everyone having separate planes to catch back home.

Last hope left is for Crochet to make it to the ASB with left shoulder still attached.