Gamethread (4/6)

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Congrats on his first hit of the season! Only took him 10 days into the season.

Also had a passed ball a middle schooler could have caught. Guy blows. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Remember folks this is what Uncle Jerry wanted. 43 years of cheapness and incompetence... 

this is our punishment for not embracing Tony as a manager, in Jerry’s mind

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Remember folks this is what Uncle Jerry wanted. 43 years of cheapness and incompetence... 

I have a feeling that this season might feel like 43 years

20 minutes ago, wegner said:

AppleTV? 

If you haven't seen Slow Horses, that is really good. My wife didn't like it at first but then really enjoyed it. Gary Oldman is outstanding.

Saw a recommendation for TOKYO VICE here as well...really enjoyed it over the weekend, finished Season 1, through 6 of 10 in Season 2 already.

Good stuff.

Also highly recommend The Boy and the Heron if you enjoy Japanese animation.  Academy Award nominee/winner by Hayao Miyazaki.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, wegner said:

AppleTV? 

If you haven't seen Slow Horses, that is really good. My wife didn't like it at first but then really enjoyed it. Gary Oldman is outstanding.

Yup! I'll add Slow Horses to our watch list.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

this is our punishment for not embracing Tony as a manager, in Jerry’s mind

God, I almost want him as interim so his career can end with a Chris Getz-assembled roster and a storm of boos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's our punishment for not showing up.

More specifically, for not even drawing 2+ million fans or whatever it was...maybe in 2006.

Of course, chopping off half the upper deck didn't help, that was a loss of what, 3500-4000 seats?

1 minute ago, Quin said:

God, I almost want him as interim so his career can end with a Chris Getz-assembled roster and a storm of boos.

What are the odds that he falls on his own sword first?

Grifol will never get another managing job (and the accompanying salary) for the rest of his life.

Just like Getz/Hahn/KW ever repeating as MLB general managers...

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

17 minutes ago, wegner said:

I have a feeling that this season might feel like 43 years

I’ll have to check that one out.  I absolutely loved Outer Range on Amazon Prime cuz everything Josh Brolin is good and it’s Sci-Fi.  Season 2 is coming soon.  Been watching Shogun which is crazy gory but interesting.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What are the odds that he falls on his own sword first?

Grifol will never get another managing job (and the accompanying salary) for the rest of his life.

Just like Getz/Hahn/KW ever repeating as MLB general managers...

I was actually wondering if either of them resigns if this embarrassment continues to be this awful

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I just remembered the fucking draft changes.  We would have easily had the #1 or #2 pick at this rate, along with the Marlins.

Great timing. 

Covid losses when the Sox finally have a fun team.  TLR.   Yerminator Terminated.  Dissolution of the Cuban Connection.  Injuries/MASH unit.  Draft lottery. 

It's almost like an Oliver Stone-esque conspiracy to keep the rest of the AL Central somehow simultaneously more competitive than the pathetic White Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I just remembered the fucking draft changes.  We would have easily had the #1 or #2 pick at this rate, along with the Marlins.  Dammit.

Maybe the front office pulled a Tony LaRussa and didn’t know the rules

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I just remembered the fucking draft changes.  We would have easily had the #1 or #2 pick at this rate, along with the Marlins.

Is it wrong for me to think Rick and Kenny should do prison time for what they did to this fan base? Getzy should at least be equipped with an ankle monitor too.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Maybe the front office pulled a Tony LaRussa and forgot the rules

We would have picked the equivalent of Tyler Kolek/Brady Aiken anyways.

(Well, if you ignore what the Astros did with their next draft, leave that aspect out.)

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Is it wrong for me to think Rick and Kenny should do prison time for what they did to this fan base? Getzy should at least be equipped with an ankle monitor too.

One can always fantasize that...the pitchfork wielding villagers in Beauty and the Beast were actually intending to storm the administrative offices at 35th and Shields and got lost.

Too bad they couldn't take out Brooks Boyer, too.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

One can always fantasize that...the pitchfork wielding villagers in Beauty and the Beast were actually intending to storm the administrative offices at 35th and Shields and got lost.

Too bad they couldn't take out Brooks Boyer, too.

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I just remembered the fucking draft changes.  We would have easily had the #1 or #2 pick at this rate, along with the Marlins.  Dammit.

Oh, don’t worry. They’ll have a bottom 3 record again next season too for a great shot at a top 2 pick in 2026.

9 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Oh, don’t worry. They’ll have a bottom 3 record again next season too for a great shot at a top 2 pick in 2026.

And they’ll do what with that pick exactly?  Andrew Vaughn was an iffy pick because of his position, but literally every analyst in baseball was sure he’d hit well at the MLB level. And I absolutely believe if Vaughn was drafted by a better organization, he’d be a much different player than he is now. 

The point is, there is really no historical evidence that the Sox know what to do with high-end, drafted and developed talent. And the guy leading that “development” over most of the last decade for the Sox is now the GM…

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

And they’ll do what with that pick exactly?  Andrew Vaughn was an iffy pick because of his position, but literally every analyst in baseball was sure he’d hit well at the MLB level. And I absolutely believe if Vaughn was drafted by a better organization, he’d be a much different player than he is now. 

The point is, there is really no historical evidence that the Sox know what to do with high-end, drafted and developed talent. And the guy leading that “development” over most of the last decade for the Sox is now the GM…

I was responding to the guy lamenting over the fact the Sox won’t have a top 2 pick in 2025. As you said, does it even matter?

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I was responding to the guy lamenting over the fact the Sox won’t have a top 2 pick in 2025. As you said, does it even matter?

It does not 

• Like 1