10 games: 0-10 (1968)

15 games: 3-12 (3X - last in 1968)

20 games: 4-16 (2X - last in 1948)

25 games: 5-20 (2X - last in 1950)

30 games: 7-23 (1948)

All seem to be within reach.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Highland said:

In 1968. the Sox didn't score more than 4 in the first 10 games. Basically, they scored 1 or none. They lost 95 that season and the franchise nearly fell apart.

And they made a bunch of sorry trades after the 1967 season to abet the effort.
And the Miracle Mets will be forever grateful.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Well no, I don't think the worst ten game start is in reach.

First the Hendrix typo, now this. May have to take back the Southeastern Idaho Sports Broadcasting Hall of Fame invite. 

(Kidding obv)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Well no, I don't think the worst ten game start is in reach.

True...I should have posted that in a separate category. 

But then again nothing is impossible with this bunch is it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

First the Hendrix typo, now this. May have to take back the Southeastern Idaho Sports Broadcasting Hall of Fame invite. 

(Kidding obv)

Actually it was the induction into the Idaho State Athletic Sports Hall of Fame with the Lifetime Achievement Award. 😉

1 hour ago, shoeless_joe21 said:

We're all going to feel pretty silly when Pedro cooks up a new acronym and lights a fire under this team.

Most White Sox fans want a fire lit under this team to burn it to the ground!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I wonder if this keeps up, will Hahn come back. His teams were always better than this ;) 

Might as well bring Kenny back before Hahn. 

Kenny didn't give a s%*# about developing talent, but he at least kept the team interesting and competitive. Hahn tanked for 4 years just for 2 playoff appearances. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Kenny didn't give a s%*# about developing talent, but he at least kept the team interesting and competitive. Hahn tanked for 4 years just for 2 playoff appearances. 

And I don’t think they make the playoffs in 2020 if it’s a real season considering their pitching was toast after 60 games and they had no depth. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

And I don’t think they make the playoffs in 2020 if it’s a real season considering their pitching was toast after 60 games and they had no depth. 

You’re right.  No way that team would’ve lasted a normal 162 game season.  They were down to 3 starters by the playoffs — Giolito, Keuchel, and Dunning.

I was in my car and turned Sirius to the game. The Guardians announcer is from Milwaukee and he was talking about the Sox start in 1968, the 0-10.

It was very interesting (score was 4-0 and he had to kill time I guess knowing Sox were not gonna score four runs). He pointed out Melton was a rookie. Pete Ward led the team with 15 home runs. Horlen and Peters were on the team. I think he said Peters was 4-13. He said Aparicio was still there and he said Wilber Wood as a reliever went 11-12. The other announcer was shocked the Sox were so bad that year with some decent players. The Sox had three managers in 68 I guess and the announcers joked: "You know you had a bad season (95 losses) when you had three managers." They yukked it up.

The announcer pointed out the Sox played games in Milwaukee that season cause Milw. had lost its team and it was a way to draw some fans. He said he got to see Mickey Mantle play against the Sox in Milwaukee.

My gawd this Sox team is lousy. Seriously anybody who supports this team by buying tickets is really a loonie bird. Cmon folks, do something this summer with your time. No reason to pay money to this franchise.

They truly have a responsibility to field a competitive club and White Sox management has refused to do that. I'd be all for the league canceling all our games for a year or two. Or just removing our team completely from MLB.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

But don't forget - it all culminated in a glorious Leury Garcia home run.

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

I was in my car and turned Sirius to the game. The Guardians announcer is from Milwaukee and he was talking about the Sox start in 1968, the 0-10.

It was very interesting (score was 4-0 and he had to kill time I guess knowing Sox were not gonna score four runs). He pointed out Melton was a rookie. Pete Ward led the team with 15 home runs. Horlen and Peters were on the team. I think he said Peters was 4-13. He said Aparicio was still there and he said Wilber Wood as a reliever went 11-12. The other announcer was shocked the Sox were so bad that year with some decent players. The Sox had three managers in 68 I guess and the announcers joked: "You know you had a bad season (95 losses) when you had three managers." They yukked it up.

The announcer pointed out the Sox played games in Milwaukee that season cause Milw. had lost its team and it was a way to draw some fans. He said he got to see Mickey Mantle play against the Sox in Milwaukee.

My gawd this Sox team is lousy. Seriously anybody who supports this team by buying tickets is really a loonie bird. Cmon folks, do something this summer with your time. No reason to pay money to this franchise.

They truly have a responsibility to field a competitive club and White Sox management has refused to do that. I'd be all for the league canceling all our games for a year or two. Or just removing our team completely from MLB.

Your last 2 sentences will never happen, I think you were just joking but the franchise is at a new low and I have no idea how they rectify all that is wrong, such huge mistakes in the hiring of Grifol and Getz, firing those 2 and bringing in the best people they could find from other organizations would be a start but only if Reinsdork becomes a hands off owner.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The last team to score this few runs their first 10 games were the 2004 Montreal Expos. They turned it around and only lost 95 that year.

Right before they moved to DC. That's an ominous sign. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Right before they moved to DC. That's an ominous sign. 

Think about it, no one has been this inept for 20 years, and they are trying to spin it as it's just a streak all teams go through. It's obnoxious.