Nastrini and Cannon to be Called Up

DirtySox

30 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'd deal him if there's a strong enough offer to move him.

Yeah but just saying I wouldn’t mind holding on to him either. They’d have to pay more for a similar pitcher next year when they’re still going to want some veteran innings eater. Maybe I’m over rating him but he seems solid to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

That’s actually really impressive for a third round pick. Score a win for Chris Getz development @WestEddy ?

There's a lot more to follow. Birmingham, W-S and Kannapolis all have packed rotations, most of them drafted by the Sox. 

28 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Joe Musgrove is my comp for Cannon.  Body type is almost identical and the stuff is similar though Musgrove may be a tick better but Cannon has the better command.  I think everyone would be happy if that's what he is.

If we turn Cannon into a 4th/5th starter who takes the ball every 5 days, that is a win.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Joe Musgrove is my comp for Cannon.  Body type is almost identical and the stuff is similar though Musgrove may be a tick better but Cannon has the better command.  I think everyone would be happy if that's what he is.

We'd be ecstatic

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:27 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

So who do you think is gone?

The candidates:

Chris Flexen - sounds like he may be sliding into a long-relief/spot starter role

Deivi Garcia - has been bad

Tim Hill - see above note, currently have Banks and Shuster as lefties in pen

Dominic Leone - meh

Edit: could option Shuster but would still need a 40-man move.

Garcia has had 4 straight scoreless outings.

I just don't see us getting much for Fredde.

Lynn had a history and was still striking people out at high rates; I can see the Dodgers thinking they could get him squared away.

Hahn did arguably his best work in with the Angels.  He finally did a deal on OUR terms, taking advantage of the Angels eagerness to take one last big swing in the last days of Ohtani.  I'm not sure that Getz will be that tactical; but I didn't think Hahn could be either. 

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Quin said:

Because people think I won't give Getz any W's, Cannon is a big win right now. Especially compared to the Chris Becks and Sean Burkes of yesteryear.

I'm not really willing to think he's anything until he does it for a month. His minor league numbers are pedestrian at best and he was like 75% zone against a weak lineup. Teams with the book and better hitters are going to light him up. 

Adjustments will be made of course, but for now I'm just saying pump the brakes on this guy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm not really willing to think he's anything until he does it for a month. His minor league numbers are pedestrian at best and he was like 75% zone against a weak lineup. Teams with the book and better hitters are going to light him up. 

Adjustments will be made of course, but for now I'm just saying pump the brakes on this guy. 

My standards for big W are not high.

I don't think Chris Beck had five good innings in his entire tenure.

• Paper Bag 1