4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't see it with Sosa. Light hitting utility guy at best.

I’ve never seen anything in him, another overhyped player by organization 

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They were only brought in to be shoved out.  Why does it matter when it happens.

Why even bring them in at all?  The thing I don’t get is why spend money on guys that have absolutely no potential trade value?  

• Thanks 4

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They were only brought in to be shoved out.  Why does it matter when it happens.

And if they weren't shoved out, the complaints would be "he's stubbornly keeping the trash for too long"

• TLR 2

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

And if they weren't shoved out, the complaints would be "he's stubbornly keeping the trash for too long"

So we are supposed to applaud a GM who acquired terrible players in the offseason that should be DFA after a matter of weeks?  The decisions taking place now don’t remove the fact that Getz signed all these losers in the first place.  The fault always goes back to him, regardless of these sad excuses people want to make for him.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why even bring them in at all?  The thing I don’t get is why spend money on guys that have absolutely no potential trade value?  

There were obviously no in house options and he had little money to spend.  Who was he supposed to bring in?  Who are these cheap great players with trade value? 

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

So we are supposed to applaud a GM who acquired terrible players in the offseason that should be DFA after a matter of weeks?  The decisions taking place now don’t remove the fact that Getz signed all these losers in the first place.  The fault always goes back to him, regardless of these sad excuses people want to make for him.

Maldonado, Lopez, Flexen, Hill, DeJong and Leone sucking was the most predictable thing ever.  I think we all would have been shocked if they didn’t suck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

He's panicking.  He has a plan, but as soon as he got hit in the mouth he started flailing for anything and everything.  What he did over the winter made sense if he was trying not to rush people, but him releasing prospects to sign flotsam only to release them a week later is some OOTP crap.  He really is acting like he isn't capable of doing this job.

• Like 6