4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Who gives a s%*#? It's a baseball team. There were 5 established vets that should have bouyed this team with 4 holes (to not be historically bad). Oh well. Something tells me that everyone here will have their stiffies all set to break the 140 loss mark, and won't come close. I can only hope that everyone takes care of each other. 

Vaughn was a career negative fWAR player coming into the year. By no means is he someone that should have been relied upon.  I have no idea how Benintendi just lost all ability to hit the ball hard.   I would joke that he stopped juicing after the big contract, but he never looked like a big guy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Vaughn was a career negative fWAR player coming into the year. By no means is he someone that should have been relied upon.  I have no idea how Benintendi just lost all ability to hit the ball hard.   I would joke that he stopped juicing after the big contract, but he never looked like a big guy.

Jesus Christ, the guy is a career .725 OPS. He's not a schlub. Cut the BS. You're just being argumentative because you don't want to concede a simple point to me. Please show me the posts from February where you predicted these three injuries in the first 10 games, and that Vaughn and Benintendi would be worthless. 

• TLR 2

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Jesus Christ, the guy is a career .725 OPS. He's not a schlub. Cut the BS. You're just being argumentative because you don't want to concede a simple point to me. Please show me the posts from February where you predicted these three injuries in the first 10 games, and that Vaughn and Benintendi would be worthless. 

That’s a pathetic OPS for someone who is as terrible defensively and on the bases as he is.  I never predicted the injuries within the first 10 games, but I absolutely said that we all know the bust brothers (Eloy and Yoan) would get injured during the year and that Robert is no sure thing.   The ironic thing is you keep saying how some of these guys are so good, yet the Sox were eager to trade Eloy (and knew no one in their right mind would want Yoan for 25 million).  I feel it’s the same thing that some of us said about Tim Anderson early on last season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Did you mean competent 1st baseman or dh? We have none of those.

If the Sox had got any takers for Eloy it might have made getting Busch a possibility. Easy to pine for him now that he's doing good when he was an older prospect who had shown very little defensive and offensively in his brief trials with the Dodgers.

7 hours ago, WestEddy said:

He shouldn’t concede anything to you.  You’re wrong.  Are you still living in the dead-ball era of baseball or something?

A .725 career OPS for a 1B?  Yes, that is indeed a schlub.  That’s a mediocre to decent OPS for a middle infielder, not a 1B.  Tim Anderson has a career .733 OPS.  Meanwhile, Brandon Belt, albeit old at 35, has an .817 career OPS and he’s currently a free agent.  Do I want Brandon Belt over Vaughn?  No, because he’s 35 and does nothing for this team, much like all the other old vets that Getz acquired this past offseason and continues to acquire.  However, Vaughn’s numbers are simply terrible for a 1B no matter how you try to portray them and he’s very replaceable as a player.

Your expectations for players are extremely low because you are a Sox fan and this team has terrible players at almost every position.  Take a look at other teams and their players and you will get the idea.

Regarding your last point, yes it is absolutely SHOCKING that both Eloy and Moncada got injured.  No one could have predicted them frequenting the IL for long periods of time this season.  Who cares when it happened?  It was inevitable.  Here’s an interesting tweet for you:

Also, Vaughn has put up mediocre offense for a 1B in his entire Sox tenure.  Benintendi was awful last year and owns a .759 career OPS.  He also plays LF, a position where teams typically put one of their worst defenders but the player is expected to make up for it with their bat.  You act like these two guys are historically good hitters, when the evidence shows that they have not been.  Benintendi has been the very definition of average to mediocre and Vaughn has never been a good hitter at all.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 4

9 hours ago, pcq said:

1 Sign Pham

2 Fire Vaughn

3 Fire Grillfoil

4 Fire Gertz

5 Goodbye Maldonado Lopez DeJong

6 Promote Colson and Colas

7 Goodbye Pillar and Grossman 

You are now playing 3 more players short.

8 hours ago, fathom said:

It is one thing to have a roster of guys with .600 and .700 OPS production.  It is another when half the line up is in the .300s.  I don't know if it is a collective slump or what, but this is literally as bad as it gets. Even bad MLB  talent should get lucky more often than this 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Yes, I did respond to the right post. I don't care. I'm not sitting in a corner, crying, because this is the worst 15 game start for the White Sox in their entire history. I really don't give a s%*#. I'm really not "humiliated" by the 6 shutouts in 16 games. I'd like that to not be the case, but I don't care. I'm not going to post it over and over to try to make other sox fans mad. I don't care. 

Seriously, what's your point? I'm happy Nastrini had a nice start. Wilson and Leasure look like good bullpen pieces, going forward. Maybe Eloy will get pissed and go off on a streak. Please, tell me all of the higher priced free agents who were beating down the doors at Guaranteed Rate Field to sign with this club. 

We've all known this was going to be a s%*# year. I'm not sure why, as some positive poster described it, this all has to be one big circle jerk of misery. Maybe these people dream that if they smile, Jerry Reinsdorf will break into their bedrooms, and rape them at night. I really don't get the dynamic. 

It's a baseball team. We don't have to descend into fits of depression because a baseball team is rebuilding. Big f*u*c*k*i*n*g deal.

Get over it. 

This is an internet message board for a sports team that went from title contender to worst team in the league faster than most could process.

I don’t understand how you continue to be surprised and/or bothered that the majority of the discussion is negative.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, pcq said:

1 Sign Pham

2 Fire Vaughn

3 Fire Grillfoil

4 Fire Gertz

5 Goodbye Maldonado Lopez DeJong

6 Promote Colson and Colas

7 Goodbye Pillar and Grossman 

Jami Gertz?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz and the Sox make me sad.  But Walton Goggins is always worth the watch.  He’s great in Fallout.

If they get shut out again in the next week, I say we turn this into an Uncle Baby Billy message board

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

This is an internet message board for a sports team that went from title contender to worst team in the league faster than most could process.

I don’t understand how you continue to be surprised and/or bothered that the majority of the discussion is negative.

I don't understand how he keeps claiming its just a baseball team who cares but is continually shaming any poster that has a problem with their favorite team being the worst team in baseball. How about take your own advice, not care, and go away?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2024&month=0&season1=2024&ind=0&pos=1b&pagenum=2&pageitems=30

Leave it to Vaughn to be one of the two worst qualfied in MLB at 1B this season at -0.5...

Jose Abreu is -0.6.

Of course, Salvador Perez is leading all of baseball, haha.

Beni and Vaughn have combined for -1.1 fWAR. This is our 3rd overall pick and biggest contract in franchise history. LOL sell the team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Beni and Vaughn have combined for -1.1 fWAR. This is our 3rd overall pick and biggest contract in franchise history. LOL sell the team.

But according to tray, they are carrying the team! To the bottom of the s%*# barrel. 

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Paper Bag 1

Benitendi's and Vaughn's terrible starts are more than anything else (we expected the big three to be injured or at least I did)  responsible for the completely terrible record the Sox have right now. If both of their results/ stats were only below average, the Sox would have 2 or 3 more wins, but they have both be absolutely pathetic, just pathetic. Both batting, more or less, 100 points below their career BAs. 

I am completely stumped by Vaughn. Does he lift the ball EVER?? I've watched probably 35% of the total innings the Sox have played this year. I only remember ONCE all this year that I've been watching where he flew out to an outfielder, ONCE in my memory this year. All he hits are line drives and ground balls, ground balls that become double plays, time after time after time after time. 

I defended Vaughn on this board this winter, but Jesus, he's making me look stupid. 

I mean, eventually Vaughn and Benitendi have to pull it together and become major league hitters? Don't they?

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

Benitendi's and Vaughn's terrible starts are more than anything else (we expected the big three to be injured or at least I did)  responsible for the completely terrible record the Sox have right now. If both of their results/ stats were only below average, the Sox would have 2 or 3 more wins, but they have both be absolutely pathetic, just pathetic. Both batting, more or less, 100 points below their career BAs. 

I am completely stumped by Vaughn. Does he lift the ball EVER?? I've watched probably 35% of the total innings the Sox have played this year. I only remember ONCE all this year that I've been watching where he flew out to an outfielder, ONCE in my memory this year. All he hits are line drives and ground balls, ground balls that become double plays, time after time after time after time. 

I defended Vaughn on this board this winter, but Jesus, he's making me look stupid. 

I mean, eventually Vaughn and Benitendi have to pull it together and become major league hitters? Don't they?

I was in the Vaughn camp for a long time. Play Sheets and send Vaughn down.

16 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz and the Sox make me sad.  But Walton Goggins is always worth the watch.  He’s great in Fallout.

Walton Goggins in Justified is an all time performance. Dude is incredible. He is hands down the best at playing a preacher on TV.