Hawk speaks...

Lip Man 1

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Yep, if the diehards on here don’t want to watch, no way are the casuals watching.  I can’t even imagine how bad attendance will be the rest of the year and next year.   Can’t wait to see a payroll around 80 million.

Milwaukee Brewers

0.700 26 $57,477,062 $45,950,562 $1,750,000 $1,538,944 - $106,716,568
24 Baltimore Orioles

0.667 26 $78,415,221 $14,542,000 $8,666,668 $863,678 - $102,487,567
25 Cincinnati Reds

0.571 26 $73,257,313 $19,745,000 $9,250,000 $67,626 - $102,319,939
26 Cleveland Guardians

0.727 26 $65,076,624 $19,937,170 $10,500,000 $5,027,904 - $100,541,698
27 Tampa Bay Rays

0.522 26 $67,924,450 $27,614,267 $11,825,000 $77,061 - $100,070,323
28 Miami Marlins

0.261 26 $74,294,621 $17,447,500 $8,253,978 $248,787 - $97,997,886
29 Pittsburgh Pirates

0.500 26 $72,974,381 $10,120,000 - $190,213 - $83,284,594
30 Oakland Athletics

0.364 26 $41,359,116 $19,180,000 $2,000,000 $127,836 -

$62,666,95 Other than Marlins and A's...all of these teams are competing

Edited by caulfield12

8 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Nothing will increase the ratings. These last few seasons have done irreparable damage to this team that I’m not sure ownership fully understands yet.

Exactly.  This is bigger than the team on the field—the brand has been completely destroyed beyond repair.  This is a product of not a few bad decisions, but decades of bad decisions.  The Sox logo—once endeared—literally angers people now.  It’s a symbol of total betrayal as far as baseball and sports “fanship” goes.  I do not believe ownership/upper management understands either.  We’re still throwing the Nicky Lopez’s of the world at this problem.  

No one respects what this organization has become.  It’s built on endless spins and elusive narratives that turn out to be blatantly false—straight lies.  Because of this—any possibility of positive intent is met with disbelief.  It will take decades of sustained success to rebuild what these people have done to the White Sox brand.  

• Like 7

If there is any hope, I look at the present-day Pittsburgh Steelers. They were by far THE most pathetic franchise bar none until the 1969 draft when the son Dan Rooney became GM.

Reinsdorf can't live forever, change is coming, new ownership will happen 

Edited by Falstaff

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Would still be better than endless concessions promotions, Sox Math videos and the Nationwide jingle.

What next...spending more time hyping future opponents?

Serious question.  Keeping in mind that these guys are paid representatives of the ownership group, what exactly should these guys be talking about for two and a half hours when the team is garbage?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fathom said:

Yep, if the diehards on here don’t want to watch, no way are the casuals watching.  I can’t even imagine how bad attendance will be the rest of the year and next year.   Can’t wait to see a payroll around 80 million.

The game threads look like the diehards are still watching plenty.  Honestly I am astounded by how many Soxtalkers are still living and dying with each pitch.

10 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

No they understand. That's why they want to move to Nashville. 

It's either deliberate or neglect. 

They don't want to move to Nashville.  That whole thing about Jerry meeting with the Commish about Nashville was badly reported and then people didn't pay attention when the clarification came out that Jerry met with him on behalf of the group that TLR is involved in to advocate for them, and not himself and the White Sox.  Jerry never met with MLB about moving the White Sox to Nashville.  It never happened.

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They don't want to move to Nashville.  That whole thing about Jerry meeting with the Commish about Nashville was badly reported and then people didn't pay attention when the clarification came out that Jerry met with him on behalf of the group that TLR is involved in to advocate for them, and not himself and the White Sox.  Jerry never met with MLB about moving the White Sox to Nashville.  It never happened.

You are 100% correct.

I think the Sox fans that know the truth about Reinsdorf's meeting with the mayor of Nashville are mentioning a move there out of frustration.

Reached out to an individual who knows the Sox situation from the inside and who is close to Hawk. I asked them about Hawk's comments to the Sun-Times on Tuesday and how my friend feels about what is taking place. Just passing them along:

"It's pathetic to say the least. Hawk and I spoke yesterday and we can't believe Jerry let it get this bad. There isn't even any hope in our Minor League system. 

Like Hawk and I said, he never should have hired Getz. All Getz did was hire all his friends from KC. Look what happened, they are all with us and now we suck like they did and now they are doing well. 

The entire organization needs to be blown up. 

The stadium issue is also a joke. How in the world did Jerry think he was going to get tax payer money? He is getting killed over that ask. Feel bad for him since he was good to me and many others. Unfortunately, instead of going out as one of the best owners in Sox history, he will be going out as one of the worst, all because of what he has let happen in the last 5 years. Truly a shame." 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Reached out to an individual who knows the Sox situation from the inside and who is close to Hawk. I asked them about Hawk's comments to the Sun-Times on Tuesday and how my friend feels about what is taking place. Just passing them along:

"It's pathetic to say the least. Hawk and I spoke yesterday and we can't believe Jerry let it get this bad. There isn't even any hope in our Minor League system. 

Like Hawk and I said, he never should have hired Getz. All Getz did was hire all his friends from KC. Look what happened, they are all with us and now we suck like they did and now they are doing well. 

The entire organization needs to be blown up. 

The stadium issue is also a joke. How in the world did Jerry think he was going to get tax payer money? He is getting killed over that ask. Feel bad for him since he was good to me and many others. Unfortunately, instead of going out as one of the best owners in Sox history, he will be going out as one of the worst, all because of what he has let happen in the last 5 years. Truly a shame." 

I know not your words (and thanks for the post) but our minor league system is actually decent, maybe even good? I see it getting labelled as bad far too often. The reputation hasn’t kept up with the reality.  

3 hours ago, Falstaff said:

If there is any hope, I look at the present-day Pittsburgh Steelers. They were by far THE most pathetic franchise bar none until the 1969 draft when the son Dan Rooney became GM.

Reinsdorf can't live forever, change is coming, new ownership will happen 

And Bradshaw fell into their laps the very next season.  Wasn't that a coin flip back then with the Bears?

Edited by caulfield12

24 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

I know not your words (and thanks for the post) but our minor league system is actually decent, maybe even good? I see it getting labelled as bad far too often. The reputation hasn’t kept up with the reality.  

Strip away the BR ranking and they're somewhere in the middle.

The Gonzalez and Quero and Thorpe runs are getting a lot of attention...but there's still a dearth of premium talent outside of Montgomery and Schultz.

And the jury is far from being out on Colson as a major league SS and Corey Seager Lite (touch short fielding-wise) or a potentially lighter hitting but high OBP corner infielder.  The problem is that he almost has to be a star/stud for any type of rebuild to work unless JR is willing to radically alter spending habits in FA.

48 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

There is a better level of talent, and I think even the organic talent is progressing, but it isn't deep at all.  From top to bottom, I don't know that any franchise in baseball has less talent or potential than the Chicago White Sox.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

And Bradshaw fell into their laps the very next season.  Wasn't that a coin flip back then with the Bears?

1970 - Pittsburgh wins the coin flip and selects Bradshaw.

Bears traded the #2 pick to GB for 3 washed up players, GB selected Mike McCoy who had an excellent long career as a DT.

from 1969 to 1974 Pittsburgh drafted 9 HoF players and countless very good players

15 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I really believe the AAA team at the major league level would be more watchable.  You would at least see guys not going through the motions.  And they would have won 3 out of 23 games.

Too bad there is no relegation in MLB.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Stone’s tweet was pretty embarrassing but he knows who signs his paychecks.  Sox fans are shredding him in their replies.  It’s quite amusing.

Disappointed in Stoney. He could just as easily had a twitter post succinctly saying this is the worst collection of talent he's ever seen and 3-20 is about right for this horrific team. p.s. kudos to Eloy for coming back so quickly. That surprised me. Then he stole second base so he's apparently trying to win and stay healthy both.

Ask Hawk who he would hire/promote/fire if given the powers of GM and you'll figure out who knows what they're doing. Just keep everybody that Hawk wants to fire

• TLR 1

On 4/24/2024 at 7:23 AM, FT35 said:

Exactly.  This is bigger than the team on the field—the brand has been completely destroyed beyond repair.  This is a product of not a few bad decisions, but decades of bad decisions.  The Sox logo—once endeared—literally angers people now.  It’s a symbol of total betrayal as far as baseball and sports “fanship” goes.  I do not believe ownership/upper management understands either.  We’re still throwing the Nicky Lopez’s of the world at this problem.  

No one respects what this organization has become.  It’s built on endless spins and elusive narratives that turn out to be blatantly false—straight lies.  Because of this—any possibility of positive intent is met with disbelief.  It will take decades of sustained success to rebuild what these people have done to the White Sox brand.  

The team has been mismanaged to the point of being worthless and non-competitive at the MLB level. Time for a change.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

The team has been mismanaged to the point of being worthless and non-competitive at the MLB level. Time for a change.

Yep.  They are conditioned to not only losing but justifying losing.  They have devalued winning and become non-competitive as a result.  Rewards are given (continued involvement/employment) despite habitual underachieving and habitual losing.  Long leashes are on individuals who have zero history of success or even recent accomplishment.  

From a fan standpoint—what is left to buy or consume from the Chicago White Sox at this point?  They have no product and can’t even sell “hope.”  “Remember when we took things seriously 30 years ago” only gets you so far today.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 8:29 PM, baseball_gal_aly said:

No they understand. That's why they want to move to Nashville. 

It's either deliberate or neglect. 

That guy would've lost so much money if he had made good on his empty threat to move to St Petersburg. No one is leaving Chicago by choice for a third tier city. I don't think JR has any political capital remaining to get the sort of deal he wants on a ballpark. In any state.