4/28- Rays at Sox, 1:10

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree, and it is contrived. But , for some reason,I still like it.

To be fair, almost every signature call is contrived. Very few calls are spontaneous, and when they are spontaneous, they eventually become the signature call.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It makes me smile or laugh when he says South side stand up. It's infectious not cringe at all. We all need to lighten up.

No, it's embarrassing. These are the big leagues. The Sox have six wins. You don't scream this south side stand up when the team is this bad. It's minor league, that's all. I didn't like him calling out the 'haters' after Saturday's win either. Anybody have a copy of today's final out call? I don't watch games anymore so I need to find his yelling on the highlights.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

No, it's embarrassing. These are the big leagues. The Sox have six wins. You don't scream this south side stand up when the team is this bad. It's minor league, that's all. I didn't like him calling out the 'haters' after Saturday's win either. Anybody have a copy of today's final out call? I don't watch games anymore so I need to find his yelling on the highlights.

Once the new guy has a chance to know and understand the history of this franchise and the passion the fans have he won't be calling anybody out given the incompetence, dysfunction and ineptness from ownership to the front office. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Once the new guy has a chance to know and understand the history of this franchise and the passion the fans have he won't be calling anybody out given the incompetence, dysfunction and ineptness from ownership to the front office. 

He's not calling out the fans. It the "haters" in the media. CBS wrote up a really bad article on the sweep, mocking the White Sox for the hole they're in. I don't need my "news" media mocking the subject of a news story. Report it, then move on. If some reporter wants to dish the snark, get a podcast, and flush the dignity.